The annual A*STAR Corporate Internship Programme (A*CIP) provides interns insight into how A*STAR bridges the gap between academia and industry by translating R&D into economic and social outcomes.
The 2022 A*CIP is a ten-week programme from 23 May 2022 to 29 July 2022. Through the A*CIP, you will gain insight into how A*STAR supports, oversees and coordinates public sector research and development in strategic areas as well as cultivate and exchange an extensive network of industry partners.
You may also have opportunities to interact with the A*STAR leadership and visit our A*STAR Research Institutes which carry out a spectrum of R&D activities, as ranging from knowledge creation, enabling capabilities, large scale programme to industry-oriented activities.
We have several interesting projects under the 2022 A*CIP, and we welcome all who are interested to put in an application with us!
What You Will Do
The intern will work with the Office of Safety, Facilities and Administration (OSFA) to:
- Assist in developing a proposal for A*STAR’s next-generation space management mode/system to help A*STAR to better track the allocation and utilization of space-associated RUFM.
- Gain an understanding of how data is required to efficiently manage space use and the decision-making process in allocating a finite resource space.
- Defining gaps in the current space management system.
- Proposing and designing workable solutions and workflows.
- Developing proposed features of space management software to support the solutions and workflows.
- Opportunities to collaborate with Biomedical Research Council, Science and Engineering Research Council, Enterprise and other relevant researchers on the space approval process and engaging potential vendors of space management software to understand capabilities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students who are pursuing a degree in Real Estate, Built Environment, Facilities Management or any other relevant degree.
- Ability to liase and coordinate with many parties at the same time.
- Possess excellent strategic thinking, writing and communication skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Administration, Property
- Locations:Singapore (Singapore)
- Closing Date:14th May 2022, 6:00 pm