The purpose of Agilent Research Laboratories is to power Agilent’s growth through breakthrough science and technology.
To complement our product line R&D, Agilent Labs looks beyond the evolution of current products and platforms to create the technologies that will underlie tomorrow’s breakthroughs, enabling Agilent customers to answer questions at the leading edge of life science, diagnostics and the applied markets. Our horizon is broad, encompassing synergies across Agilent and seeding new businesses to create competitive differentiation and compelling value for current and future customers and shareholders.
To accomplish these goals, we attract and retain top technical talent, collaborate extensively with global research leaders in academia, government and industry, and promote a culture of innovation and teamwork across our highly multi-disciplinary staff of life scientists, physical scientists and engineers. The majority of our research is located in the United States in Santa Clara, California, with additional locations in Europe and Asia.
As a field service engineer, you will work at a variety of labs, so having a solid understanding of Agilent's portfolio, and continuously learning about new instruments, software and consumables, is key. Applying your creativity, complex problem-solving skills, and can-do attitude is essential. Compliance and reporting are also important responsibilities, such as documenting and ordering components using a variety of databases. Having a natural instinct to deliver the highest-levels of customer service is vital.
Every day, Agilent Field Service Engineers help our customers to solve issues that enable scientists to make discoveries that enhance the quality of life. Through our work, we deliver insights and provide support that keep labs running smoothly and more efficiently. Join our dynamic organization to be a part of this rewarding work.
As a Field Service Engineer for Agilent, you will work at a variety of labs, so having an appetite for continuously learning about new instruments, software and consumables is key. Applying your communication skills, creativity and can-do attitude is essential. The ability to help with solving customer problems and a commitment to deliver the highest-levels of customer service is how you will build customer success.
You will be responsible for supporting our customers with on-site installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of company and multi-vendor systems solutions. Our varied product lines include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems.
- Installs and optimizes hardware/software/network products and configurations at customer sites.
- Diagnoses and resolves product performance problems.
- Performs maintenance and repairs.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance.
- Proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business.
- Deliver fully integrated solutions, which may include peripherals, communications, operating systems and applications software.
- Train other field engineers and customers in the solutions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Be fluent on English and Chinese, and good communication skill.
- Good knowledge on PC Operation and networking, including Windows and MS office etc.
- Honesty, Integrity and cooperation. Be happy to do service job for customers. Business travels are needed.
- Excellent customer communication and handling skills.
- Good knowledge on chemical analysis instruments, eg. LC, GC, UV, GC/MSD etc., including fundamentals and applications.
- Master or equivalent in Analytical Chemistry or Pharmaceutical background.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- Closing Date:2nd Feb 2021, 6:00 pm