At AIG, we are constantly working to ensure that all employees have the training and skills they need to have a rewarding and successful career. Designed with that commitment at its core, our Early Career program provides a platform for participants to launch or accelerate their careers.
Through a range of approaches including innovative experiential learning and technical training, performance assessments, formalized mentoring, and exposure to senior leaders, our Early Career program offers unparalleled development opportunities for our diverse early career talent. The program is designed to evolve with the rapid pace of technological advancements and changing employee preferences to ensure that today’s participants become leaders capable of conquering tomorrow’s challenges.
At the start of the program, you will join the global class of hundreds of Analysts at New York for the initial training where you build your peer network and meet our senior leaders. There will also be opportunities to convene the group during and at the end of the program, providing you with the greatest level of global exposure.
Your Future Team:
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world’s leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team.
An insurance policy is a promise made by AIG to its clients; Claims is where the promise is honored. AIG’s claims service is one of the best in the market, both in terms technical skills and clients’ services. Claims in AIG Hong Kong is grouped into different line of businesses. Being part of the team, you have the opportunities to work closely with other functions such as underwriting, actuarial and distribution. Thanks to our global network of highly skilled professionals, you will also have the opportunity to work with claims experts around the globe, and be part of the team to provide reliable, responsive claims service wherever and whenever our clients need it.
What You Will Do
During the 2 - year program, you will be rotating through various claims teams with the Claims Department. Specifically, you will spend:
- 6 months in each team (Travel and Personal Accident, Personal Lines, Casualty) understanding the products, related insurance principles, and technical handling skills in each.
- For the remaining 6 months, you may choose either to develop further in either Travel and Personal Accident, Personal Lines or Casualty (subject to appraisal comments from the team leader) or be rotated to either the Property team or Financial Lines team.
In each claims team rotated to, you are expected to gain a good grasp of the products policy wordings and their technical meanings, as well as the claims handling skills and reserving principles. You are expected to gain basic understanding of some of the local legislation relevant to the particular line of business, be familiarize yourself with the claims handling guidelines and learn the basic of insurance principles, as well as communication skills with customers and other external and internal stakeholders. You are also expected to gain knowledge on business operations to make you a well-rounded claims individual.
Required Skills and Abilities
- To be successful in this role you must be able to work in a fast paced and demanding environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- You will be energetic, flexible, comfortable with ambiguity and able to problem solve effectively.
- In addition, the ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with all levels of management, and to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization, will also be key to your success.
- You must be able to read and write English and Chinese.
- You will ideally have graduated by July 2020 from ANY degree discipline.
- Recent graduates with up to 1.5 years of experience will also be considered.
AIG seeks candidates who have excelled in previous work experience, demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, possess strong analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen) and EQ (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility). We also look for a diverse background of experience, culture, and thought. Successful candidates typically have a global perspective and a team-oriented track-record. Proficiency with financial statements and a sound understanding of Information Technology would be advantageous.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:8th Aug 2020, 6:00 pm