It can be difficult trying to differentiate one firm from another. That is why our Vacation Schemes are a great way to experience our cutting-edge work and collaborative culture.
As part of the scheme, you will gain real and valuable experience from day one, working alongside our lawyers on live deals and cases. There will be a number of events and presentations to attend where you will learn about key elements of our practice while developing the skills you need to be a successful international commercial lawyer.
It is not all work and no play. There is plenty of time to socialize with lawyers, trainees and partners as well as the other students on your scheme, broadening your knowledge of the firm and building your network.
Information about the scheme:
- We take approximately 25 - 27 interns over the summer.
- The vacation scheme is a four-week structured programme which takes place in Hong Kong in June and July each year.
- The internship is the best way for students to experience who we are and how we work.
- Candidates that take part in the vacation scheme will be considered for a return training contract offer.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Applications are welcomed from penultimate to final year law or final year non-law students from Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and other common law jurisdictions.
- Australian students who are successful in our assessment process, will be invited to participate during their term break in July.
We Look For:
We look for the same skill set in each of our practice areas. In all cases, we look for evidence of:
- Consistently strong academic performance.
- We expect you to be heading for at least a 2:1 degree or equivalent.
- 3.3 GPA or above for JD students, or a High Commendation or Distinction if you are based in Australia.
- Critical thinking and intellect.
- Drive, motivation and the ability to cope under pressure.
- Demonstration of good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Open-mindedness, innovation, and intellectual curiosity.
- Collaboration and adaptability.
- Commercial and technological awareness.
- Spoken Mandarin and Cantonese; and reading and writing skills either with simplified or traditional Chinese are highly desirable.
- Northern Asian language skills, such as Korean and Japanese, are also relevant for this region.
The offer of a training contract is conditional upon a successful completion of the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) course in Hong Kong:
- You must complete the PCLL course prior to starting your training contract at one of the university providers in Hong Kong – The Chinese University of Hong Kong, The City University of Hong Kong or The University of Hong Kong.
PCLL Important Information (Particularly for Overseas Law students):
- If your law degree or JD is from an overseas university, you will need to complete PCLL conversion exams prior to starting the PCLL course.
- For those candidates who have accepted our training contract we will reimburse your conversion exam fees.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2021, 6:00 pm