Everything you are aiming for.
It can be difficult trying to differentiate one firm from another. That is why our Vacation Schemes are a great way to experience our cutting-edge work and collaborative culture.
As part of the scheme, you will gain real and valuable experience from day one, working alongside our lawyers on live deals and cases. There will be a number of events and presentations to attend where you will learn about key elements of our practice while developing the skills you need to be a successful international commercial lawyer.
It is not all work and no play. There is plenty of time to socialise with lawyers, trainees and partners as well as the other students on your scheme, - broadening your knowledge of the firm and building your network.
All those successful at interview and invited to participate in the vacation scheme will be considered for a training contract regardless of the format of the scheme (virtual, hybrid or in person). We have adapted the vacation scheme to equally benefit those who opt for virtual attendance, ensuring that they are able to fully participate in all aspects of programme through our online platforms and enhanced technology options.
Information on the scheme
- The summer vacation scheme is held in Hong Kong in June and July each year (depending on Covid restrictions the programme is run virtually or in-person)
- The vacation scheme is a four week structured programme
- Students will need to be available for the entire duration – we are unable to have students leaving early or joining late.
- Vacation scheme students get to sit in 2 departments for 2 weeks each
- The internship is the best way for students to experience who we are and how we work
- Applications are welcomed from penultimate to final year law or final year non-law students from Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and other common law jurisdictions.
- Australian students who are successful in our assessment process, will be invited to participate during their term break in July.
- 1 September 2021 to 30 November 2021 - deadline for HK and UK university students
- 1 September 2021 to 31 December 2021 - deadline for Australia
- We look at applications and schedule interviews on a rolling basis
- Applications need to be made online via our website
- Please be aware that you can only make one application each year to A&O, for either a Training Contract or Vacation Scheme
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2021, 3:59 pm