Amazon’s Global Sourcing team is looking for customer-obsessed interns to lead initiatives that can enable supplier capability utilization, industrial landscape understanding, and efficiency improvement for product development for Amazon Private Label business.
The duration of the internship will be 16-24 weeks starting from early 2022.
The intern will work in the Amazon Global Sourcing office in Hong Kong.
The successful candidate will enjoy diving deep into data, identifying insights and developing analysis on a sub-category level or developing data tools for process efficiency improvement. The ideal candidate will thrive in a highly collaborative, analytical, creative, and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must be self-driven and have the analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get things done and deliver results. Finally, the candidate must also be a strong communicator, with the ability to communicate concisely and effectively.
What will you Gain?
- Develop and improve your qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skillset.
- Gain experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment.
- Work with a diverse team with professionals from over 10+ different countries.
- Boost your resume with real world experience.
What You Will Do
Primary Responsibility Include:
- Conduct industry deep dives to provide manufacturer landscape overview.
- Generate new manufacturer leads using trade data, leverage industry associations, government public data, etc.
- Assist Sourcing Managers on supplier data analyzing, auditing or reporting.
- Collaborate with Sourcing Managers to identify selection and supplier capabilities gaps and opportunities.
- Set up a centralized system as repository for new supplier leads.
- Collaborate with cross functional team to establish supplier capability dashboard for 500+ suppliers.
- Deliver analysis document to supplier capability analysis and industrial manufactory landscape overview for one or two specific categories.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduate in 2022 or 2023, currently working towards a Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS) in Statistics, Economics, Business Management, Finance, Computer Science (or similar fields).
- High attention to detail, comfortable with “hands-on” management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Classroom and project experience in research.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Work 4 to 5 days per week for 4 to 6 months.
- Prior internship or co-op experience in a similar field.
- Proficient in Excel and Access Database.
- Proficient with SQL, Python skill as a plus.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:11th Feb 2022, 6:00 pm