Amazon is looking for a passionate customer and category advocate who possesses strong analytical skills, comes with good commercial experience, is able to effectively prioritize and multi-task and has been successful in driving category growth.
As a member of the Singapore Retail Consumables and Amazon Fresh team, this candidate will help accelerate one of the strategic categories for Consumables or/and will own a cross category initiative on a key customer relevant business input.
A self-starter with a passion for retail, the candidate must be a good communicator, able to work as an individual contributor but able to fostering relationships and earn the trust of his/her team.
What You Will Do
The successful Associate Category Manager intern area of ownership might extend to:
- Having a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry, seasonality and business trends / events, and continually stays on top of industry and competitive trends.
- Turbo-boosting the teams’ ability to achieve a specific KPI by inventing and simplifying on the existing process and/or rolling up his/her sleeves to get more done with less.
- Developing a clear understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of features that provide amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience.
- Managing vendor relationships - Manage supplier / partner contracts, day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds.
- Co-ordinating with cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties to drive operational improvements.
- Conducting financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Penultimate year student pursuing a Bachelor's degree.
- Graduating after August 2022.
- Able to commit to a full-time internship from May to August 2022.
- Proficiency with Excel and strong analytical acumen.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels.
- Business focused thinking, an ability to focus on key issues and a strong hands-on, results driven mentality.
- Relevant experience in retail, operations, business management or consulting (could include buying, product management, financial analyses) with a proven history of delivering results.
- Experience in negotiations, pricing, or inventory management.
- Interest and experience in FMCG industry verticals is a plus.
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes.
- A great deal of personal initiative, creativity, decisiveness and team spirit.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Consulting, Management, Operations,...
- Closing Date:28th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm