The Aon Internship Experience Programme (AIEP) offers a perspective of the working world, with mentorship by an assigned supervisor, lunch & learn knowledge sessions, networking events, and a high level of interaction across Aon's four business units. You will also benefit from real-world experience through opportunities to work on projects as well as participate in client meetings. And with the wide range of available expertise at Aon, you can maximise your time with us by discovering your areas of strength and interest.
Work With The Best:
Undergraduates in their first or second year of university will also have the opportunity to participate in the Aon Work Experience (AWE) programme, where they will gain valuable work experience while supporting current projects in the pipeline. Participants who demonstrate high potential may be recommended to the next intake of the AIEP.
Aon Internship Experience:
Aon Internship Experience gives you hands-on working experience and is designed to give you an insight into our business, an understanding of our culture while developing critical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities at Aon. During your time here, you will be contributing to our business and taking on real responsibility. You will be supported by a ‘buddy’, a mentor to answer any questions you might have about your work and our business, and be provided the necessary technical knowledge and business skills during the internship.
Our Program Runs From: 11th May 2020 to 24th Jul 2020.
Data & Analytics Services – The cornerstone of Aon’s global investment in analytics Aon’s Centres for Innovation and Analytics in Dublin and Singapore are the cornerstone of Aon’s $350M global investment in analytics. The Centres deliver data-driven insights to clients by leveraging our unmatched data capabilities across both risk and people solutions.
Established in 2012, there are nearly 100 colleagues employed by the Center today, with rapid growth planned over the next few years. The team currently includes actuaries, computer programmers, financial analysts and accountants. Through their concerted effort we will build best in class analytic insights and capabilities to better serve clients and colleagues globally.
The ACIA Incubation team works on data analytics projects aimed at bringing about newer opportunities for Aon as a whole to monetise and extract value from data that we currently have across the globe.
What You Will Do
- Assist in data management, visualization and business analytic research to identify statistical relationships present in large and complex sets of data.
- Aggregate, combine, normalize and cleanse data from a variety of public and proprietary data sources.
- Perform data exploration and analysis on data sets to develop and test working hypotheses and generate commercial insight.
- Go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem and assist/advise management on the most appropriate statistical methods to apply to a given problem.
- Other duties assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduates graduating between December 2020 and June 2021 preferred.
- Degree in Business analytics or Statistics or related, 2nd class honors or GPA 3.0 and above strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with at least one statistical software package or programming language (such as Python, MATLAB, R, Java, C#, C++).
- Inquisitive, interest in Business Intelligence and data and analytics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – Use of PowerPoint and Excel is mandatory.
- Ideally is familiar with a BI software like PowerBI, Tableau or similar.
- Meticulous and able to multitask.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Critical and innovative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Self- motivated, responsible, and able to work independently.
- Adaptability – quick learner.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Statistics
- Closing Date:22nd Feb 2020, 6:00 pm