The Aon Internship Experience Programme (AIEP) offers a perspective of the working world, with mentorship by an assigned supervisor, lunch & learn knowledge sessions, networking events, and a high level of interaction across Aon's four business units. You will also benefit from real-world experience through opportunities to work on projects as well as participate in client meetings. And with the wide range of available expertise at Aon, you can maximise your time with us by discovering your areas of strength and interest.
Work With The Best:
Undergraduates in their first or second year of university will also have the opportunity to participate in the Aon Work Experience (AWE) programme, where they will gain valuable work experience while supporting current projects in the pipeline. Participants who demonstrate high potential may be recommended to the next intake of the AIEP.
Aon Internship Experience:
Aon Internship Experience gives you hands-on working experience and is designed to give you an insight into our business, an understanding of our culture while developing critical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities at Aon. During your time here, you will be contributing to our business and taking on real responsibility. You will be supported by a ‘buddy’, a mentor to answer any questions you might have about your work and our business, and be provided the necessary technical knowledge and business skills during the internship.
Our Program Runs From: 11th May 2020 to 24th Jul 2020.
The Risk Control & Engineering Department includes a team of qualified and experienced engineers. They cover Energy, Power & Property risks. They conduct risk surveys & hazard assessment/ quantification for insured clients, including loss estimates for insured events (e.g. fire). They also provide loss prevention advice, covering process safety management and fire detection / protection.
What You Will Do
Understand and Appreciate:
- Basics of property insurance.
- Client's risk and insurance requirements.
- Specialized risk and insurance resources within Aon.
- Fire, safety and process safety management codes.
Data Management Support:
- Review and compare loss scenarios/estimates for clients.
- Compile comparison of recommendations for safety improvement for clients.
- Process safety improvement programs.
- Other duties assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduates graduating between December 2021 and June 2022 preferred.
- Degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical Engineering, 2nd class honors or GPA 3.0 and above strongly preferred.
- Strong interest in Process Safety & Risk Management.
- Meticulous and able to multitask.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Critical and innovative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Self- motivated, responsible, and able to work independently.
- Adaptability - quick learner.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Chemical Processing
- Closing Date:22nd Feb 2020, 6:00 pm