The Aon Internship Experience Programme (AIEP) offers a perspective of the working world, with mentorship by an assigned supervisor, lunch & learn knowledge sessions, networking events, and a high level of interaction across Aon's four business units. You will also benefit from real-world experience through opportunities to work on projects as well as participate in client meetings. And with the wide range of available expertise at Aon, you can maximise your time with us by discovering your areas of strength and interest.
Work With The Best:
Undergraduates in their first or second year of university will also have the opportunity to participate in the Aon Work Experience (AWE) programme, where they will gain valuable work experience while supporting current projects in the pipeline. Participants who demonstrate high potential may be recommended to the next intake of the AIEP.
Aon Internship Experience:
Aon Internship Experience gives you hands-on working experience and is designed to give you an insight into our business, an understanding of our culture while developing critical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities at Aon. During your time here, you will be contributing to our business and taking on real responsibility. You will be supported by a ‘buddy’, a mentor to answer any questions you might have about your work and our business, and be provided the necessary technical knowledge and business skills during the internship.
Our Program Runs From: 11th May 2020 to 24th Jul 2020.
Forming a critical part of Aon’s regional specialty team, the Transaction Liability Insurance team is involved in originating, managing and executing TL opportunities. This is achieved through engaging internal Aon client service teams and external distribution channels (lawyers, investment banks, fund managers, accounting firms and private equity firms) to develop relationships and deliver TL solutions to clients and prospects.
What You Will Do
The intern will be involved in the following:
Understand and Appreciate:
- How M&A insurance solutions (primarily Warranty & Indemnity Insurance) are provided to clients.
- Understanding and being involved in the M&A insurance program design, implementation and servicing.
- Understand how the team raises awareness of the Transaction Liability products through meetings, seminars and training.
Data/Document Management Support:
- Be involved in preparation of our Discussion Paper for M&A clients.
- Review of simple NDA, and other documentary drafting.
- Maintaining of database and improving on documents/precedent records.
- Other duties assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduates graduating between December 2021 and June 2022 preferred.
- Degree in any discipline, 2nd class honors (preferably legal or business/financial) or GPA 3.0 and above strongly preferred.
- Strong interest in understanding M&A transactions from a different angle.
- Meticulous and able to multitask.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Critical and innovative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Self- motivated, responsible, and able to work independently.
- Adaptability – quick learner.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:22nd Feb 2020, 6:00 pm