The Aon Internship Experience Programme (AIEP) offers a perspective of the working world, with mentorship by an assigned supervisor, lunch & learn knowledge sessions, networking events, and a high level of interaction across Aon's four business units. You will also benefit from real-world experience through opportunities to work on projects as well as participate in client meetings. And with the wide range of available expertise at Aon, you can maximise your time with us by discovering your areas of strength and interest.
Work With The Best:
Undergraduates in their first or second year of university will also have the opportunity to participate in the Aon Work Experience (AWE) programme, where they will gain valuable work experience while supporting current projects in the pipeline. Participants who demonstrate high potential may be recommended to the next intake of the AIEP.
Aon Internship Experience:
Aon Internship Experience gives you hands-on working experience and is designed to give you an insight into our business, an understanding of our culture while developing critical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities at Aon. During your time here, you will be contributing to our business and taking on real responsibility. You will be supported by a ‘buddy’, a mentor to answer any questions you might have about your work and our business, and be provided the necessary technical knowledge and business skills during the internship.
Our Program Runs From: 11th May 2020 to 24th Jul 2020.
What You Will Do
- Work alongside application developers to test the quality of new software features and ensure that the software is working properly.
- Building financial models with the software to test new features (training will be provided on model building).
- Provide feedback to the development team on results of tests and any issues or improvement opportunities found during testing.
- Some small programs or ‘macros’ may be programmed using the Python programming language (subject to skillset of candidate selected).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduates graduating between December 2021 and June 2022 preferred.
- Degree in a numerical discipline such as mathematics, physics etc with good grades (1st class honors or 2nd class upper division).
- Quick learner.
- Team player.
- Programming experience is not necessary although preferred.
- Training on the software and tools to be used will be provided.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:19th Feb 2020, 6:00 pm