A key strength of our Firm is our ahead of the curve knowledge of the changing local regulations and market dynamics. Established in 1974, our Hong Kong office has advised on market leading transactions in all key practice areas and industry sectors, coordinating significant cross-border assignments emanating from Hong Kong/China for market leading companies. This is particularly evident from our leading position in areas such as Restructuring and Insolvency, Real Estate, Intellectual Property & Technology and Tax.
Our client base includes many FT100 companies as well as leading local conglomerates, which we help overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. Our ability to draw on our global network of lawyers across a wide range of practices enables us to bring the right team to every transaction.
We aren't afraid to do things differently - We are the New Lawyers - We are Baker McKenzie.
What to Expect:
The Baker McKenzie Hong Kong office Clerkship Programme will give you a real insight into what it is like to work at an international law firm and will help you to make an informed decision about your future.
Real client work. Invaluable coaching. A tailored clerkship and development programme. A genuine insight into working with our Firm – while building great friendships. Baker McKenzie prides itself on building that foundation with you and investing in your future.
- A paid 4-week clerkship in two practice groups.
- An introduction to our firm and the type of work we undertake, both in Hong Kong and globally.
- An opportunity to learn about our practices, clients and Firm structure.
- An exposure to real work and cross-border work for market-leading Hong Kong and international clients through client meetings, shadowing, research and other daily tasks within your assigned practice group.
- An extensive programme of seminars, training sessions, and coaching opportunities, and a personally assigned partner and associate mentors.
- A commercial perspective - to complement your legal education.
- A unique opportunity to build your global knowledge and network.
- Practical skills to help you navigate the path from law society to law firm.
- An opportunity to see what life is like as a trainee solicitor at Baker McKenzie.
- Plenty of social events and networking opportunities.
Become a world-class lawyer.
Join the firm that was born global.
Required Skills and Abilities
What we Expect:
We are not just looking for candidates who are academically high achievers. We are looking for candidates who genuinely want to work with us; who enjoy challenges and are open to new opportunities; who like taking responsibility and getting things done; and who have the personality and disposition to become top class lawyers.
We also look for well-rounded and motivated individuals who share our global perspective; who are intellectually curious; who display business acumen and are practical in their approach; who act with integrity and honesty in all of their dealings; who strive to provide excellent service to their clients; who seek a friendly, diverse, and inclusive culture; and who take seriously our role in making a difference to our local and global communities.
The 2022 Winter Clerkship Programme is now open for online applications until 30 June 2021.
To apply, candidates should be penultimate to final year law or final year non-law students; have strong academic results (at least 2:1 degree or equivalent); have good research skills; preferably be fluent in Chinese language skills (written and spoken); and be firmly committed to establishing a legal career in Hong Kong.
The Clerkship Programme is the main pathway into securing a training contract with the Firm, as clerks who perform well during the programme will be selected to join our Hong Kong office as trainee solicitors after they have completed their legal studies and their Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (P.C.LL). Participation is therefore mandatory for those seeking a 2024 training contract.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm