Global Capital Markets originates a wide variety of equity and debt capital offerings, as well as risk management products. When an issuer client decides to raise capital in the public or private markets, Corporate and Investment Bankers turn to the Global Capital Markets team. Global Capital Markets partners with the coverage team and advises clients on optimal methods to access capital, whether for acquisitions, refinancing or strengthening their balance sheets. The offerings can comprise equities, bonds, private placements, equity linked and derivative products, or a combination of securities.
Equity Capital Markets originates, structures and executes worldwide equity, equity-linked and equity derivatives products on behalf of the firm's global corporate and institutional client base. The equity product suite includes initial public offerings, rights offerings, accelerated placements, convertible bonds, hedging structures, margin loans and structured purchases/disposals.
The Debt Capital Markets team generates financing solutions for the firm's client base through the origination, development, structuring and execution of instruments across the debt spectrum, including bonds, loans, and derivatives.
Analysts are placed directly with a specific group, Equity or Debt, which is determined by considering business needs and the interests/skills of the Analyst.
As an Analyst in Capital Markets you will:
- Support origination and execution of capital markets deals
- Develop and manage financial models
- Support and create analyses, including pricing and valuations of equity and debt products
- Prepare client presentations and other materials
- Assist deal execution, including roadshow organization and market updates
- Participate in meetings with corporate clients and institutional investors
- Communicate and interact with client team members and internal teams, including banking, sales and trading
What you will do
Training & Program Highlights
For most countries in Asia Pacific, training begins when you will join newly-hired analysts from around the world for an intensive few weeks to learn about our company, its culture and all the relevant tools, techniques and working practices. You'll also receive grounding in your chosen business area, as you develop your professional skills and team-working capabilities. Throughout your onboarding and integration, experienced leadership with play a critical role in providing guidance and mentorship to help you succeed.
On return to your local office, you'll take on additional responsibility at an early stage. With on-going development opportunities throughout the program you'll be encouraged to grow your abilities through on-the-job learning and structured training. We'll support and reward you on the basis of your individual performance.
Following the formal training program, you will be on boarded to the Global Banking and Markets Analyst & Associate Academy (GBAM AAA), which will take you on a journey through our global curriculum.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Final year undergraduate/master student
- On track to receive a GPA 3.5/4 or above (2.1 degree or above - UK system)
- Outstanding academic achievement
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
- A strong team player and client focused
- Demonstrates energy and drive
- Demonstrates a keen interest in markets and the business you are applying to
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:13th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm