At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF’s Asia Pacific regional headquarters is located in Hong Kong and had 467 employees by the end of 2019.
Dispersions & Resins play an important role in our everyday lives. They are invisible high-performance components in many products. Dispersions Asia Pacific give essential properties to paints, paper, adhesives, fibers and construction materials.
Objectives of the Position:
As part of the Global Controlling & Strategy team, you will support the team for overall digital transformation of a global operating division.
What You Will Do
- Support the overall digital transformation of a global operating division.
- Create advanced financial dashboards and data visualizations based on multiple systems.
- Help to transform data into valuable insights for the management team.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for decision making and monitoring of cost savings.
- Ensure data quality of critical systems.
- Participating in a global redesign of the overall reporting environment.
- Training end-users on how to use new dashboards and reports.
- Support the cloud-migration of the global data infrastructure.
- Help to build analytical tools and predictive models in Python (ML).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to a 3 to 6 month full-time internship from September 2021.
- Students of Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Finance, Controlling or of related disciplines.
- Preferably with past internship experience in Business Intelligence, Data Science or other related fields.
- High proficiency in oral and written English.
- Proficient in advanced Power BI / Tableau and SQL Database; preferably with knowledge in Microsoft Azure, Tensorflow, R or Python programming.
- Ability to think outside of the box and have analytical mindset.
- Self-starter and able to work independently on assigned projects with limited supervision.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:5th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm