For BASF, diversity is one of the essential keys to business success and the well-being of our employees. We promote an inclusive culture that accepts the diversity of people, experiences and capabilities. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost creativity and motivation, and enhance our teams’ performance. Join the team and connect with more than 110,000 other minds.
Located in Hong Kong, BASF’s regional headquarters oversees more than 16,000 employees at about 100 sites across Asia Pacific. In addition to regional business units, Hong Kong office also houses regional functional units including Corporate Affairs, Finance and Controlling, Human Resources, Management Consulting, Procurement and Supply Chain Services.
The Global Business Analytics Team provides BASF-wide quantitative decision support for multiple application areas, based on data analysis, data based modelling and optimization, in close cooperation with business units and central functions.
What you will do
Objectives of the Position
As part of the Global Business Analytics team, you will work under supervision of a data specialist and provide BASF-wide data-driven decision support for multiple application areas based on data analysis, data-based modelling and visualization.
- Support the team in providing BASF-wide quantitative decision support for multiple application areas (e.g. production, supply chain, marketing and sales), based on data analysis, data-based modelling, visualization
- Perform Data Modelling within Hadoop environment and integrating with other systems
- Build a webpage and connect to tableau environment for interactive dashboard
- Improving R scripts and coding the error handling and perform modifications based on requirement
- Retrieval and cleaning of data, data visualization
Required Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to a 6-month full-time or part-time internship from September 2019
- Students of Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree in Statistics, IT or related disciplines
- High proficiency in oral and written English
- Must have experience in CSS, HTML and java scripting
- Understanding of relational databases (Good SQL is an optional plus point)
- Knowledge on R scripting (Optional plus point)
- Experience with Data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI (optional plus point)
- Job type:Internships
Statistics, Information Technology, Business and Commerce
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:9th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm