BASF’s regional headquarters is located in Hong Kong, overseeing over 18,000 employees at about 100 sites across Asia Pacific. BASF’s Hong Kong office houses regional business units (Monomers, Intermediates, Performance Chemicals, Care Chemicals, Coatings and Dispersions & Pigments) and regional functional units (Human Resources, Finance & Controlling, Corporate Audit, Legal, Taxes & Insurance, Strategic Planning & Business Development, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Corporate Affairs). BASF also maintains the global headquarters of its Dispersions and Pigments business in Hong Kong.
Dispersions & Resins Asia Pacific (A-EDA) play an important role in our everyday lives. They are invisible high-performance components in many products. Dispersions Asia Pacific give essential properties to paints, paper, adhesives, fibers and construction materials.
Objectives of the Position:
We are looking for highly motivated and driven students to join our Dispersions & Resins Asia Pacific team for an internship. You will be working closely with our talented teams and coached by our business leaders. For you, this means an amazing personal growth experience, and an opportunity to gain valuable exposure to BASF’s business, culture and values.
What You Will Do
As part of the team, you will report to the Manager and participate in the design and development of training materials for our technical sales teams. Aside from that, you will also partner with our stakeholders and subject matter experts to organize and collate content.
- Work with marketing and technical managers to develop and collate content, materials, job aides, toolkits etc. for classroom and laboratory training.
- Set up learning materials format, look & feel etc. that can be used by different teams.
- Improve learning experience for laboratory and classroom training by recommending different layouts etc.
- Work on several training projects.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students of Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, with educational experience with technical, chemistry and/or engineering concepts.
- Commit to a 5-month part-time internship from February to June 2020.
- Keen interest in applying chemical knowledge to your everyday lives, and exploring how chemical business runs in Asia Pacific.
- Able to understand complex technical information and extract them to create learning content, and able to stay within timeline.
- Excellent proficiency in oral and written English. Proficiency in other Asian languages will be a plus point.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Previous project, coursework and internship experience to FMCG products will be a plus point.
- Comfortable and confident with working in an intercultural environment.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Chemical Processing, Human Resources
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:8th Feb 2020, 6:00 pm