Born in 1981, Bloomberg is the world's primary distributor of financial data and a top news provider of the 21st century. A global information and technology company, we use our dynamic network of data, ideas and analysis to solve difficult problems. Our customers around the world rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market information that helps them make important financial decisions. At Bloomberg, we are guided by four core values that are the foundation of our continued success: innovation, collaboration, customer service and doing the right thing. We harness the power of data and analytics to organize, understand and improve our world. It's our purpose. Come find yours.
What is the role?
The quantitative solutions team is a team which works very closely with Bloomberg's Sales and Product departments to help in increasing our clients' dependency on our product by creating (desktop) quantitative solutions revolving primarily around our Python/Excel APIs. Projects the team work on include building sophisticated financial models that allow our clients to gain an edge in the markets, assisting our clients in transitioning their worksheets/models from competitor-linked products to Bloomberg data, as well as collaborating with Product Development to drive product enhancements.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be involved in various aspects of the team, mainly working on developing new internal automation and collaboration tools to improve the efficiency of the team and have a direct impact on the way we can support Bloomberg clients. You will spend times in different departments across the company during your internship and we envisage your career starting in the Analytics department before moving to the Desktop Build Team.
You can find out more about the Analytics department by following this link: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/discover-analytics-fuels-bloombergs-core-mission/
Completing our 2022 Summer Internship program (10 weeks between Jun to Aug 2022) is an integral and important part of assessment process for 2023 Graduate Program.
This is an entry level role where you'll need:
- To be a current penultimate year tertiary student who will be available for a 10 weeks summer internship from Jun to Aug 2022, and will be available to start their full-time employment with us in 2023.
- Demonstrable interest in financial markets and the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry (example: academic course or work/internship experience or extracurricular activities)
- A strong aptitude for problem solving, plus the drive to think creatively
- Business proficiency and fluency in English
- Communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- Stakeholder management exposure through school or work/internship
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
We'd love to see:
- Commercial acumen which allows you to assess the business opportunities of a project before execution
- Experience or qualifications in Data Science is a plus
This is a future opportunity for our 2023 graduate hiring program with a 2022 summer internship opportunity.
Apply if you think we are a good match!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing [email protected]
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2022, 3:59 pm