Born in 1981, Bloomberg is the world's primary distributor of financial data and a top news provider of the 21st century. A global information and technology company, we use our dynamic network of data, ideas and analysis to solve difficult problems.
Our customers around the world rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market information that helps them make important financial decisions. At Bloomberg, we are guided by four core values that are the foundation of our continued success: innovation, collaboration, customer service and doing the right thing.
BloombergNEF is seeking a talented, highly-motivated intern to join our research team in Singapore for a 10 weeks summer internship, starting June 2021. The successful candidate will undertake research and analysis relating to the transition towards a low-carbon economy, working alongside our specialists in energy, commodities, transport and industry.
What You Will Do
- Conduct research on topics such as renewable energy, electric vehicles, energy storage, power markets, hydrogen, natural gas, oil and chemicals, digital technologies, metals and advanced materials.
- Perform a variety of analyses such as market sizing, policy/regulatory research and forecasting
- Speak with industry figures and BloombergNEF clients to gather information and opinions
- Publish written research on topics covered
Required Skills and Abilities
- A demonstrable interest and enthusiasm for energy, commodities and low-carbon industries
- Excellent critical thinking, whether quantitative or qualitative
- Good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations). Written and spoken English must be excellent
- Ability to act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Ability to derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interviews
- Working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications
- Ability to commence a full-time role with us beginning in 2021 (post-internship) or 2022
- Availability to commit to the entire intern programme length (10 weeks from 24th May – 30 July 2021)
- Job type:Internships
Research and Development, Science
- Closing Date:27th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm