Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
As a Data Specialist you will play a critical role in processing and analyzing data, handling workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include monitoring industry events and executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data.
Data Specialists also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, making the role diverse and providing an opportunity for continuous learning.
What You Will Do
We’ll trust you to:
- Extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies in accordance with established methodologies.
- Provide in-depth customer support to users of Bloomberg data products such as resolving inquiries in a timely manner.
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the data set.
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents.
- Codify market conventions and/or data relationships into business rules for data validation.
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management.
- Utilize subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management.
- Analyse internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions.
- Participate in ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set.
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
This is an entry level role that you’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or above) preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance, or related business and STEM fields or relevant experience in Finance & Technology, and the ability to join a training class in 2022 (Candidates graduating between June 2021 to September 2022).
- A demonstrated interest in financial markets and technology along with the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry (example: course of degree or work/internship experience or extracurricular activities).
- A demonstrated capability in data management, data processing, data analysis, and associated tools & technologies.
- Stakeholder management exposure through school or work/internship.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel.
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with teams across regions and products.
- Solid attention to detail and experience in problem solving through school/work/internship.
- Ability to think creatively and provide solutions which improve process efficiency.
- Resilience to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly.
- Business proficiency and fluency in English.
We’d love to see:
- A financial products specialization in areas such as Fixed income, FX, M&A etc.
- Interest in and aptitude for technology.
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service.
- Project management skills and/or experience.
- Solid understanding of VBA and/or SQL.
This is a future opportunity in our 2022 graduate hiring program.
This is an entry level role.
Apply if you think we're a good match.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Data Science and...
- Closing Date:18th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm