What You Will Do
Our Global Equities & Commodity Derivatives teams combine the activities of Structured Equity, Flow & Financing and commodity derivatives, which brings together research, trading, structuring, and sales expertise across equities and commodities.
It is expected that the intern will acquire knowledge/understanding of Global Markets and develop the overall skills set required to successfully contribute to the business.
Depending on the team you are working in, your responsibilities may include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Support the team with clients on all aspects such as client confirmation and client after sale service.
- Analyse financial reports and identify potential business opportunities.
- Monitor market news and events and evaluating the risk and opportunities for clients and the bank’s positions and strategy through quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Develop and maintain an accurate data base, developing new tools and automations to improve the management of the books and efficiency to processes.
- Responsible for production of presentations, pitch books, any other written material required by external and internal clients and regular updates on market conditions.
- Prepare and provide reports/information to management and key stakeholders such as risk reports, and profit & loss reports.
- Handle administrative tasks such as editing of term sheets and factsheets, implementing trades, followed by validating transactions in the systems.
- Liaise and coordinate with internal business units and external clients on activities such as pricing.
- Understanding the risks, different sensitivities to market parameters, and technical aspects of the business.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory authorities, audit requirements and established bank approved risk limits.
- Other duties assigned by management as requested.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students who will be graduating between December 2019 and June 2020 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply.
- Takes initiative and is results driven.
- Strong decision making and analytical skills.
- Act with integrity.
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence.
- Strong team player.
- Client focused and commercial thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint).
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2018, 6:00 pm