BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
Our two-year APAC Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services. You can join us in one of several business areas or support functions, and take on real responsibility from day one. Commencing in August you will start off with a comprehensive induction at our regional learning centre, where you’ll be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
Then you’ll start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career.
Further training will be delivered throughout your two-year graduate programme, taking you along a tailored development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You’ll also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Throughout the programme, you’ll be mentored by experienced managers and team members who will make sure you’re getting everything you need to grow. In the context of the APAC MNC franchise, the Relationship Manager (RM) is responsible for managing directly a portfolio of MNC Corporate Clients. The Associate role is to bring support to the other RMs for large accounts and transactions.
What You Will Do
Relationship Manager - (50%)
Manage a Portfolio of MNC Clients:
- Assuming direct commercial responsibilities by managing and maintaining a selected portfolio of MNC Corporates accounts, maximizing revenues within cost, capital and liquidity constraints to achieve budget - Ensure appropriate level of interactions with clients (at minima as define in KPIs) and fill in a timely manner and with accuracy Client 1st with meetings/visits, deals, pipeline - Communicate Client’s information at relevant level to appropriate stakeholder.
- Manage the portfolio to provide high quality service to meet/exceed clients’ requirements for banking and investment needs.
- Monitor and steer the portfolio to reach targets and follow-up business opportunities identified.
- Ensure timely and consistent communication with relevant teams, in particular with BLs, Pilots Bankers, within MNC team and with Client Services to allow quality of services.
- Maintain a problem-solving approach as regards to issues raised by clients, while protecting the Bank’s interest.
Risk/Credit Monitoring and Compliance with Bank’s Policies and Regulatory Requirement:
- Cautiously monitor the Credit Risk associated to the portfolio, and participate to the Credit Committees as required.
- Ensure required information and insight are provided in a timely manner to credit analysts.
- Proactively monitor, anticipate and broadcast risk deterioration across portfolio and undertake regular risk reviews and ensure annual reviews are done in due time.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory authorities, audit requirements and established bank approved risk limits.
- Ensure compliance with Bank’s policies/procedures and regulatory requirements, in particular with regards to the KYC responsibilities and duties, as per relevant policies and procedures, and the summary of responsibilities list attached hereto.
Relationship Manager Associate - (50%)
Business and Marketing Support for RMs:
- Coordinate with Pilots, RMs, Business Lines (BLs) and other internal stakeholders to provide business and marketing support to RMs.
- Prepare reports and documents intended for internal and external use, eg. briefing memos, pitches and Client Action Plan.
- Provide administrative and documentation support, eg. KYC, RFPs, on-boarding of clients, liaison with clients and internally on documentation matters.
- Assist RMs with resolving blocking points.
- Follow up on opportunities to deal with conclusions.
- Coordinate with Pilots and within APAC regarding credit papers.
- Assist RMs to proactively monitor, anticipate and broadcast risk deterioration across portfolio.
- Assist in local credit process, eg. obtain financial statements and clarifications from clients.
Contribute to the Development of the MNC Franchise and Share Best Practices:
- Within MNC teams, share local experience and success for the benefit of Regional MNC team.
- Actively participate in local campaigns and bank focused events including existing client or product local/regional forums, where appropriate.
- Contribute to the “Market Intelligence” communicating on inputs received from Clients, competitors on new products & pricing.
- Partner with Client Services Desk team to support a smooth and efficient client on-boarding process, through an active involvement from the RM.
- Ensure early involvement and participate in roll-out of any new product launch within the Country, whenever this relates to MNC client needs.
Contribute to the Permanent Control Framework:
Summary of SBO/SCBO Responsibilities pertaining to Know Your Customer and AML/Sanctions Policies The RM, when acting as SBO/SCBO:
- Must initiate the KYC on boarding process and is responsible to collect the KYC data (with support of the appropriate teams in charge of due diligence).
- Is primarily responsible for ensuring that customer due diligence has been completed to a satisfactory standard, and is kept up-to-date.
- Makes an assessment whether starting a new relationship or maintaining an existing relationship with a customer is appropriate, in respect of the reputation and the money laundering/terrorist financing/sanctions risks, irrespective of the possible type of business the customer is currently doing or intends to do with the bank. This assessment must be formalized in writing in the KYC package (qualitative SBO opinion describing the risks and their mitigants is mandatory in all cases).
- Uses the KYC scoring grid and his/her judgment to determine the sensitivity, assisted by the teams in charge of due diligence. He/she provides the teams in charge of due diligence with the knowledge/details they need when contacts with customers is required.
- Submits the customer’s KYC file to the CAC (Customer Acceptance Committee), as may be required, and provides the CAC with all information and documentation it may require.
- Contributes to assess the relevance and appropriateness of offering and/or maintaining certain products and services of the Bank in view of the risk profile of the customer.
- Contributes to the detection of any unusual and/or suspicious transactions by his/her customer with due reporting to a Compliance Officer.
- Employs his/her best efforts to maintain a thorough knowledge of his/her customer from available documentary sources and regular direct contacts with them.
- He/she must keep the KYC up-to date in accordance with the Bank’s standards. In particular, he/she must trigger an ad-hoc review as soon as necessary, notably in case of becoming aware of any material adverse information in connection with any of their customers in the field of AML-CTF, in accordance with the relevant KYC policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2019/2020 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply.
- Second upper and above (ie GPA 3.3/4).
- Relationship Management and sales/business development experience.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Takes initiative and is results driven.
- Strong decision making and analytical skills.
- Act with integrity.
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence.
- Strong team player.
- Client focused and commercial thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint) - Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports and analytics.
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage.
- Bank’s organisation, Products knowledge.
- Credit analysis and credit process knowledge.
- Business awareness and market information.
- Risk management.
- Negotiation skills and client focus.
- Team player.
- Drive for results.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Mar 2020, 6:00 pm