BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
Our two-year APAC Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services. You can join us in one of several business areas or support functions, and take on real responsibility from day one. Commencing in August you will start off with a comprehensive induction at our regional learning centre, where you’ll be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
Then you’ll start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career.
Further training will be delivered throughout your two-year graduate programme, taking you along a tailored development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You’ll also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Throughout the programme, you’ll be mentored by experienced managers and team members who will make sure you’re getting everything you need to grow.
- Regular monitoring of credit activity within Credit Wealth Management APAC.
- Production of analysis, reports or presentations related to the team’s scope.
- Assist team members’ activities with ad hoc analysis and/or development of tools to increase the team’s efficiency.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis in support of collateral based lending business in Asia.
What You Will Do
- Ensure the production of regular reports related to Credit Wealth Management’s activity.
- Perform ad hoc reports as required by managers (e.g. stress test scenario analysis, portfolio analysis, etc.).
- Handle statistics and data analysis, namely aiming at managing risks or finding areas of efficiency.
- Conduct quantitative analysis on marketable securities and OTC derivatives to inform collateral lending values and required OTC margin.
- Participate in transformation projects undertaken by Credit Wealth Management.
- Contribute to enhancement and automation of Asia CRM's capabilities in collateral and derivatives risk analysis, internal and external exposure reporting, and lending portfolio monitoring.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2019/2020 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply.
- Professional qualification in finance or Bachelor's/Master’s degree in finance, a quantitative field.
- Second upper and above (ie GPA 3.3/4).
- Competency in Excel VBA, Python, R, SQL, Bloomberg, Reuters.
- Takes initiative and is results driven.
- Strong decision making and analytical skills.
- Act with integrity.
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence.
- Strong team player.
- Client focused and commercial thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint) - Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports.
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage.
- Data science and/or quantitative analysis background. Proven abilities in data processing and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of securities analytics. Previous experience with analytical roles in marketable securities preferred.
- Clear expression and structured thinking.
- Ability to identify patterns and attention to detail.
- Intellectually curious and keen team worker.
- Fluent English.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Mar 2020, 6:00 pm