BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
Our two-year APAC Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services. You can join us in one of several business areas or support functions, and take on real responsibility from day one.
Commencing in August you will start off with a comprehensive induction at our regional learning centre, where you’ll be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group. Then you’ll start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career.
Further training will be delivered throughout your two-year graduate programme, taking you along a tailored development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You’ll also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Throughout the programme, you’ll be mentored by experienced managers and team members who will make sure you’re getting everything you need to grow. The team in Hong Kong is currently looking for the right IT Graduate candidate to join APAC Data Network team.
The Graduate’s role will rotate in the following areas:
- Network operations across LAN/MAN/WAN , wireless network and Internet monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Fundamentals of Network Architecture & Network implementation, including firewall, router, switch, load balancing, cloud platforms.
- Network Management tools and automation.
Given the diversity of activities, the new team member will have the opportunity over time to expand his/her knowledge & responsibilities on the other topics managed by the teams.
What You Will Do
- Plan and manage implementation of network projects by working closely with APAC teams, global Network experts and external Vendors.
- Organize project schedule and resources with internal teams, vendors and third parties.
- Evaluate latest network technologies and products.
- Monitor network alerts, take part in resolution of network incident and customization of BNPP network management tools.
- Design and implementation of network infrastructure for BNP Asia Pacific.
- Prepare and present the project schedule to Management.
- Provide technical documents, network deployment guidelines and network diagrams for Asia Pacific.
- Carry out system integration tests and user acceptance tests to ensure network stability in BNP Asia Pacific.
- Perform network checking and implementation of programs for performance tuning, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Out of hours on-call support may be required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students who are in the penultimate year of their degree and plan to graduate in 2020/2021 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply.
- Second upper and above (ie GPA 3.3/4).
- Degree holder in I.T./Engineering or related technical discipline.
- CCNA certification is preferred but not mandatory.
- Having a good understanding of basic data networking principles.
- Knowledge of Linux, Python/Java and shell scripting is a plus.
- Looking for a fast track and long-term career in investment banking IT.
- Mature, self-driven and independent.
- Self-starter, eager and fast to learn.
- Good communication skill in both spoken and written English. Spoken Mandarin is preferred.
- Flexible, able to handle dynamic and fast-paced business settings.
- Excellent analytical skills and interpersonal/communication skills.
- Takes initiative and is results driven.
- Strong decision making and analytical skills.
- Act with integrity.
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence.
- Strong team player.
- Client focused and commercial thinking.
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint) - Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports and analytics.
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Information Technology
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Mar 2020, 6:00 pm