BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
The APAC Summer Internship Programme is a comprehensive 10 week programme (between May/June to July/August 2020) designed to equip penultimate year students with the financial and individual competencies to potentially embark on a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a firm wide orientation, lunch-and-learn series, networking events and on- the- job learning from our managers and highly experienced team members.
What You Will Do
Long-term profitable relationships lie at the heart of BNP Paribas CIB’s success. Coverage serves as a relationship manager for all our major multi-product, high potential clients. The team is responsible for having full knowledge of clients, originating deals and mobilizing the appropriate product specialists.
Working closely with other areas of the bank, Coverage seeks to maximize the value of each client relationship by understanding their business goals and needs and identifying opportunities for cross selling from BNP Paribas’ extensive offering.
Structured along regional lines, Financial Institutions Coverage teams focus on large regional/local financial institutions and on foreign financial institutions with presence in the APAC area to deliver to each client the best service from the BNP Paribas Group.
It is expected that the graduate will acquire knowledge/understanding of financial institutions and develop the overall skills set required to successfully contribute to the business. Depending on the team you are working in, your responsibilities may include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Assist the relationship managers in activities for business development and relationship management such as implementation of client action plans, support the product lines, identifying and tracking of new customers and managing existing relationships.
- Prepare marketing presentations, relationship summaries, call reports, including research when necessary.
- Liaise and coordinate with internal relevant parties in developing cross selling efforts.
- Work with the different business lines in developing and generating ideas for products that will benefit our client base with input from our clients, market and competitors.
- Coordination of activities for client on-boarding such as documentation follow up, seeking approval, preparing term sheet.
- Support compliance controls e.g. quarterly credit review, AML validation, etc.
- Prepare credit memo, information gathering from clients, RFP, greenlight request and RAROC calculation.
- Other duties assigned by management as requested.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students who are in the penultimate year of their degree and plan to graduate in 2012/2021 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply.
- Second upper and above (ie GPA 3.3/4).
- Takes initiative and is results driven.
- Strong decision making and analytical skills.
- Act with integrity.
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence.
- Strong team player.
- Client focused and commercial thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint) - Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports and analytics.
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Mar 2020, 6:00 pm