In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
In Partnership with The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA), BNP Paribas have jointly launched the Banking Talent Programme to nurture fresh talents for the industry and provide participants with an opportunity to better prepare for future careers in the banking sector.
The Programme targets fresh year 2021 undergraduates from universities in or outside Hong Kong who will be offered six-month work opportunities and industry-specific training.
Programme Period - 1 September 2021 – 28 February 2022.
Programme Eligible Applicant:
Students graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in 2021 from universities in or outside Hong Kong and who are Hong Kong residents lawfully employable in Hong Kong.
The role of Listed Derivatives Execution intern/assistant is to provide support to the Business and Listed Execution team in various areas.
The job requires close relationships across the front office and the corresponding Client Services, technology, Operations and other support groups across the organization.
What You Will Do
- Develop a general knowledge of the listed derivatives products and how clearing and execution operate.
- Develop an understanding of the business development strategy for DEC.
- Help building and maintaining a client database including key information.
- Assist in maintaining the database of our Global Selling DEC commercial Plan.
- Assist in coordinating with various groups or business lines in following up leads within our Commercial Plan.
- Assist in reconciliation, collection and presentation of our Revenues and P&L data from various sources.
- Assist in consolidating our marketing materials.
- Assist in communicating internally on DEC capabilities and services.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Programming / Coding skills.
- Web scraping.
- Basic knowledge of equity markets.
- Strong communication skills (English).
Additional Skills and Behavior:
- Advanced quantitative and finance/trading skills.
- Strong demonstrated interest and judgement in financial markets.
- Ability to react calmly and quickly in a trading environment.
- Mental discipline and ability to solve problems under pressure.
- Learns new concepts quickly.
- Maintains integrity at all times.
- Self-motivated and self-directed in personal growth and learning.
- Can communicate effectively while under pressure.
- Values teamwork but still can think and work independently.
- Ability to work on a competitive team.
Specific Qualifications Required:
- University degree holder from 2021.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:10th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm