The Graduate Programme is a comprehensive 24-month programme designed to equip graduates with the technical skills and individual competencies to embark upon a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a formal mentoring programme, graduate community initiatives, relevant technical training and on- the- job learning from our managers and highly experienced team members.
What you will do
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This is an excellent opportunity for a entry level lawyer to gain technical and regional experience in the general banking and structured finance field, working with a team of experienced and motivated professionals. The entry level lawyer will benefit from training programs and overseas exposure through attachment stints in regional offices.
- Providing general legal and transactional advisory support to all business lines, including corporate banking, structured finance and wealth management business.
- Reviewing and drafting documents relating to various banking and financing transactions, including account opening, loan facility and security documentation and other transaction-related documentation including powers of attorney, authorizations, non-disclosure agreements.
- Formulating and drafting standard legal documentation and related guidelines and procedure notes.
- Working closely with business teams and other functions, and coordinating with local counsel (internal and external) across the region on local law and practice.
- Providing legal advice and support as required in relation to other general legal matters and other legal projects.
Required Skills and Abilities
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2019 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Act with integrity
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Client focused and commercial thinking
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking Industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
- Singapore or UK qualified lawyer with up to 1 year’s post-qualification experience gained at a leading law firm or financial institution in Singapore. New graduates and newly qualified lawyers may be considered.
- Candidate must be a quick learner, be responsive and able to analyze legal issues quickly.
- Ability to identify, prioritize and manage competing demands. Willing to assume responsibility and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to draft and edit a variety of documents in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Candidate must be a team player with an ability to work closely and constructively with other team members, and contribute to a friendly working environment.
- Any experience in general banking, whilst not a pre-requisite, would be helpful.
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.