BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
The APAC Summer Internship Programme is a comprehensive 10 week programme (between May/June to July/August 2020) designed to equip penultimate year students with the financial and individual competencies to potentially embark on a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group.
This opportunity includes a firm wide orientation, lunch-and-learn series, networking events and on- the- job learning from our experienced managers and highly experienced team members.
The IT Intern’s main objective is to enforce the WMIS Governance as the development and deployment framework to optimize IT activities & processes. In so doing, he/she will assist the organization in attaining the level of quality as determined by the WMIS Management. He/She will participate in supporting the teams in agile adoption and process improvements by ensuring that best practices are consistently applied and reviewed in cycles of iterations.
What You Will Do
In line with the IT Transformation program to adopt Agile as the Standard methodology, the incumbent will support agile teams in agile methodologies and best practices. He/She will be involved in developing and establishing agile standards and assets and thereafter to deploy such standards and assets on the organization level.
To support agile adoption, the incumbent will follow up with teams in using agile best practices to initiate software improvements and increase productivity. He/She will organize and support training to maintain the expected outcome from the project.
The incumbent will be responsible to support project team develop a set of self-regulation and reflective skills to bring about sustainable transformation in line with the organizational process. This is done through close collaboration with Wealth Management Information Services (WMIS) resources and systematic approach, which is well documented.
Contribution to Continuous Process Improvement:
- Supports creation of specific local procedures.
- Identifies improvement opportunity.
- Works with WMIS application teams and functions to improve practices and processes.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students who are in the penultimate year of their degree and plan to graduate in 2020/2021 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply.
- Second upper and above (ie GPA 3.3/4).
- Takes initiative and is results driven.
- Strong decision making and analytical skills.
- Act with integrity.
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence.
- Strong team player.
- Client focused and commercial thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint) - Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports and analytics.
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage.
- Familiar with IT Development Life Cycle.
- Implement Process Improvement Initiatives.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:20th Feb 2020, 6:00 pm