In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
What you will do
- The Chief Conduct and Control Office (“GM CCCO”) is a transversal team within Global Markets (“GM”) that is responsible for overseeing the main risks and controls, while ensuring the integrity and the sustainable development in GM’s portfolio of activities. GM CCCO has a global mandate across all platforms, with teams located in Americas, EMEA and APAC.
- Within the GM CCCO department, the GM Operational Permanent Control & TAC/NAC Coordination team (“GM OPC”) serves as subject matter expert on the Front Office (“FO”) supervision structure, operational risks’ assessment, controls and governance.
- Sitting with the business and acting as the first line of defense (“1LOD”), GM OPC partners closely with FO senior management, COO, Compliance, IT & Operations and other control functions to strengthen GM operational processes. In particular, GM OPC in APAC aims to deliver:
- Protection: continuous advisory to FO as well as ad-hoc awareness & training sessions dedicated to 1LoD
- Risk assessment: assessment, monitoring of the front-to-end control plan as well as definition of risk mitigation’s action plan in collaboration with the support functions
- Supervision: Governance structure with regular supervision forums with Head of Business Lines
- Update the FO control plan when necessary;
- Provide statistical analysis of the FO control plan’s participation rate to Head of Business Lines;
- Maintain and update statistical data for FO control plan participation
- Produce internal training material with aim to raise awareness on operational risks topics associated to GM activities;
- Produce presentations to GM APAC Management, Regional Heads of Business Units and internal control governance forums
- Streamline and automate internal reporting processes
- Control and to improve on the data quality and consistency (incl. central repositories)
- Initiate corrective actions when required
- Create/Maintain/Update procedural documentation and perform training to delegate tasks to offshore centres.
- Support the team in administrative tasks
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science but open to other courses with business and finance knowledge
- Advanced Excel skills including coding in VBA
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Powerpoint and Word)
- Strong English communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work and improvise independently
- Ability to develop stakeholder relationships and work in a complex and rapidly/constantly changing environment
- Ability to analyze complex issues
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Computer Science,...
- Closing Date:29th May 2021, 6:00 pm