In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
What You Will Do
- Ensure high quality day-to-day management of all the market, counterparty and liquidity risks of GM
- Anticipate on events and identify emerging risks.
- Advise Global Markets in a business minded but independent way on the quality of their risk taking and management.
- Help Global Markets Management assess and adjust their risk profile in line with their objectives and constraints.
- Make the risks of GM portfolios as transparent as possible and advise GM Management in order to help them make informed decisions.
- Ensure the Bank complies with the existing regulatory requirements at all times, and anticipate on the upcoming ones.
- Market risk analysis and closely monitoring of the relevant financial markets
- Ensure the compliance of covered business lines with their allocated market risk limits.
- Regular analysis of positions, proper identification and monitoring of the risks borne by the trading books.
- Contribute to the valuation of BNP Paribas books for the covered activities at month end.
- Analyze and measure any market risks, with all types of tools, like VaR, or stress testing and report the main findings through the appropriate channels of communications.
- Developing to use experience for proactive risk management and more anticipatory analysis
- The candidate will be in direct contact with FO trading, participating to meetings and managing the relationship with
- Trading on a day-to-day basis. The candidate will also naturally work with a variety of team within RISK and outside of RISK such as TRS, S&R, V&RC, Finance, MO.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BSc or MSc in quantitative finance / banking / Economics or similar
- Strong analytical skills and solid quantitative background
- Good coding skills is recommended (R/Python, Excel, Access, VBA)
- Knowledge of derivatives, ideally across multiple asset classes.
- Ability to react quickly but precisely in high pressure trading situations with Front Office interactions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Economics
- Closing Date:20th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm