We offer a unique and exceptional learning curve opportunity within the ocean freight business. During your 18-24 months assignment, we will provide you with a rotating program to cultivate and fast track trainees who aspire to build foundational merchandising and trading capabilities in dry bulk shipping.
What You Will Do
Spend time on different desks and departments such as Trading, Risk Management, Vessel Operations and Analytics.
Responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Champion the customer relationship: develop, maintain, strategic connections.
- Be a direct contributor and an ambassador to the Cargill Ocean Transportation tech/digital initiative.
- Learn about the Trade Capture process and look at ways to improve and innovate in that space.
- Be an active participant throughout the lifecycle of a trade, starting with the contract negotiation, followed by the trade entry and physical execution down to an in-depth PnL analysis.
- Analyze supply and demand, survey market conditions, and other economic forces. Leverage analysis with the help of data sciences.
- Excellence in execution by seamless coordination between operations, trading, risk, admin departments.
- Work on daily, weekly and monthly Performance and Risk Management reports. Assisting in the definition of Key Performance Metrics.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in an academic discipline, Master degree is a plus.
- Some previous work experience a plus.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, strong team player.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, prioritize existing workload, define and seek out business opportunities.
- Ability to gather customer insights and translate problems into opportunities.
- Ability and passion to work in a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable taking and managing risks and challenging the status quo.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Big picture thinking anticipates emerging trends and brings the outside in.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Digital savvy: proficient in excel, good knowledge of data science tools. Programming language is a plus.
- Business fluency in English. Another Asian language is a strong plus.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:7th Jun 2020, 6:00 pm