Cargill Ocean Transportation is a leading customer-focused freight-trading business that serves customers across the globe. Founded in 1956 in Geneva, our business benefits from the rich heritage and expert capabilities of the Cargill corporation.
With agility and resilience our company has been able to face the period of significant change that has impacted the maritime sector in the last decade. Despite the high uncertainty created by market overcapacity, reduced financing, generational change, digitalization, increased regulations, stricter sustainability targets and COVID-19, we have proved to be ideally positioned to meet the challenges of this new world.
We are developing critical capabilities in areas such as risk management, trading, digitalization, analytics and sustainability, and we are collaborating with our industry peers to help transform the maritime industry at large.
The Ocean Transportation Academy aims to attract new professionals and fresh graduates with different educational background ranging from Data Science to Sustainability, with the purpose of building a talent pipeline able to support our future strategy.
We offer a unique program to fresh graduates capable to operate in a fast-paced, competitive environment. During your assignment, we will support you develop your technical knowledge of operating in the shipping industry and make sure you build the soft skills that are necessary to succeed in our company.
What You Will Do
Most of your time will be spent on on-the -job training - You will rotate on different desks and departments such as Trading, Risk Management, Vessel Operations, Analytics, Strategy & Business Development and Structuring while at the same time you will be responsible to carry out a project.
The rotating program will help you build key capabilities including trading, project management, business development and merchandising. The project will give you the opportunity to apply big-picture thinking, come up with innovative solutions as well as show your interpersonal skills when presenting your ideas and managing different stakeholders.
You will also be supported with a soft-skill learning program to develop areas such as inclusion and diversity, communication skills, agility and resilience. On top of this, you will be given access to our digital learning platform to dedicate time to self- learning.
- Partner with your supervisor, complete requested tasks in a timely manner, seek feed-back to further your development and constantly improve, work proactively with other team members to complete the work required.
- Take ownership of your project, work regularly with your project sponsor to review milestones and deliverables. Upon completion, present to the project owner.
- Find time outside the day-to-day work to develop your soft-skills, complete all the assigned soft-skills training.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree, Master degree is a plus. Ideally in the following academic disciplines - Data Science & Technology, Engineering & Sustainability, Marketing, Trading.
- Business fluency in English. Any other language a strong plus.
- Proficient in using data analytical tools, including Microsoft Excel, PowerBI, Tableau, and/or others.
- Adaptability and endurance: flexible and able to work in a fast paced, changing environment. Ability to identify valuable and strategic opportunity. Astute perception, agility, and resilience.
- Curiosity and enthusiasm: intellectual curiosity and learning agility, ability and passion to work in a diverse and multicultural environment, creativity and innovation, highly motivated, self-starter, strong team player.
- Customer Focus: problem-solving skills, marketing skills, strong oral and written communication skills; strong persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, prioritize existing workload.
- Commercial Excellence: transformative thinking - ability to gather customer insights and translate problems into opportunities. Focus on overall business drivers.
- Strategy Agility: big picture thinking, anticipate emerging trends and bring the outside-in.
- Digital savvy: strong analytical, quantitative and numeric skills. Proficient in excel, good knowledge of data science tools. Visual analytics technologies. Programming language.
- Business Acumen: comfortable taking and managing risks and challenging the status quo. Trading techniques.
- Integrity and honesty: emotional intelligence, self-awareness, self-management.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Data Science and Analytics, Engineering, Marketing...
- Closing Date:8th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm