Our mission is to be the most successful investment team in the world. Quantitative Researchers play a key role in this mission by developing next-generation models and trading approaches for a range of investment strategies. You’ll get to challenge the impossible in quantitative research by applying sophisticated and complex statistical techniques to financial markets, some of the most complex data sets in the world.
- Conceptualize valuation strategies, develop, and continuously improve upon mathematical models and help translate algorithms into code
- Back test and implement trading models and signals in a live trading environment
- Use unconventional data sources to drive innovation
- Conduct research and statistical analysis to build and refine monetization systems for trading signals
Your Skills & Talents
- PhD degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or another highly quantitative field
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics (e.g., machine learning, time-series analysis, pattern recognition, NLP)
- Prior experience working in a data driven research environment
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB)
- Experience with distributed computing using MapReduce
- Experience with translating mathematical models and algorithms into code (Python, R or C++)
- Independent research experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Opportunities available in Hong Kong and Sydney
About Citadel Securities
Citadel Securities is a leading global market maker across a broad array of fixed income and equity securities. Our world-class capabilities position us to meet the liquidity demands of our diverse group of institutional clients in all market conditions. In partnering with us, our clients, including asset managers, banks, broker-dealers, hedge funds, government agencies and public pension programs are able to gain a powerful trading advantage and are better positioned to meet their investment goals.
The team makes its mark every day from our offices around the world: Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong, Toronto, Shanghai, Sydney, Dublin.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering, Engineering Software, Information Technology, Mathematics,...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2022, 3:59 pm