The incumbent will support the Asia Pacific (APAC) Financial & Strategic Steering (PIL) team in carrying out its various missions including the Asset Liability Management (ALM), performance monitoring, Fund Transfer Pricing and financial steering. The incumbent will develop an overview of the Bank business in the region, while gaining exposure to a large number of internal stakeholders, from both Front Office and Support Function across Asia Pacific.
The start date of internship will be early July 2021 and application deadline will be 7 May 2021.
1. Asset & Liability Management (ALM): produce all ALM related indicators used by team to monitor ALM risks. Support team in preparing presentation material such as the ones used for the monthly regional Liquidity Risk Committee, as well as in preparing any ad hoc analysis on hot topics.
2. Financial steering: support senior team members in monitoring the usage of scarce resource within APAC (Capital, Liquidity, RWA, Balance-sheet size etc.), developing metrics and regular ad hoc analyses to identify APAC P&L drivers, and levers for profitability improvements.
3. Tool enhancement: Identify, propose and implement process and tools improvement to lower the production workload of the team, upgrading the existing Excel / Power BI tools/processes, developing new solutions to better address needs of the team
- Bachelor or Master student in Engineering or Finance
- Internship experience in Banking preferred, within ALM, Treasury, Finance a plus
- Previous experience in coding/IT projects a must through academic work, previous internship and/or personal projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good presentation, communication, problem solving skills and a team player able to manage project with some autonomy
- A proactive learner and self-starter seeking continuous improvement in all job-related aspects
- Good coding skills/knowledge in at least one coding language
- Good written and oral English
A rewarding package will be offered to successful candidate.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st May 2021, 3:59 pm