Summary of the position:
The Trainee is responsible for conducting audit tests and work streams and issuing audit conclusions and recommendations as part of an audit assignment under the supervision of a Senior Auditor or a Lead Auditor. Through interviews with auditees, reviews of documentation and data analyses, he/she is in charge of assessing the risks of activities/departments/themes reviewed and the effectiveness of the internal control setup. Over the course of the various audit assignments, he/she develops Audit techniques to gain in autonomy and efficiency.
Target start date of this Trainee will be February 2021.
I – During an audit assignment
The Trainee is responsible for carrying out audit work under the supervision of a Senior Auditor/Lead Auditor within established timeframes in accordance with IGE methodology and procedures and Internal Audit standards. It includes:
- To independently carry audit planning and fieldwork as assigned by the Lead Auditor, in accordance with IGE methodology and within agreed timeframe, including:
- A preliminary assessment of the audited activity highlighting the related risks and controls
- Testing and analysing of the results of the controls planned in the audit program
- To document clearly and precisely in the test sheets the controls performed and the conclusions reached
- To identify and report on strengths and weaknesses of the audited areas, to analyse the root causes and consequences of the identified weaknesses, to formalise possible remediation and recommendations to address the findings and to conclude on the effectiveness and efficiency of the control set-up and business practices
- To present audit conclusions to IGE management and to the management of the audited unit (debriefing presentation, final audit report, etc.).
- To keep the Lead Auditor in charge of the assignment/Local Head of Audit informed of the progress on the audit work assigned, and to escalate any issue that may impact/delay the audit’s execution or any other relevant matters that arise on the assigned audit and the risk and control environment
- To conduct recommendations follow-ups to monitor whether adequate corrective actions have been taken prior to closing any recommendations
- To ensure proper archiving of any supporting documentation, audit evidence and deliverables.
II – IGE Continuous improvement Program / Transversal topics
The Trainee contributes to the continuous improvement of IGE methodologies and processes. As part of his/her responsibilities, he/she can be requested to:
- Prepare or update audit guides or scorecards related to specific activities based on existing knowledge, documentation, interviews, etc.
- Monitor the implementation of recommendations issued
- Build and share knowledge (e.g. through contributing to SynerGIA or taking part in various Methods and Support workstreams or assignments)
- Participate in one or several knowledge communities within IGE
The Trainee is regularly trained on banking and regulatory matters and must always maintain a sufficient knowledge of the audit area he/she is responsible for. He/she must complete all the mandatory trainings within the defined timelines.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in accounting, business, finance, engineering or related field with less than 12 months’ full-time experiences
- Basic understanding of banking and finance activities
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Fluent in English
A rewarding package will be offered to successful candidate. We also provide you with medical, life insurance benefits and provident fund scheme.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer's personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:28th Feb 2021, 3:59 pm