Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a graduate intern on our Data Engineering team in Singapore.
Transforming raw data into insight. Predicting the future through analysis. These are our core strengths as a groundbreaking organization changing the world through technology. Our Data Intelligence Engineering team applies science to data to predict and model future outcomes. Our engineers lead the way in developing new methods of generating meaning from data - developing new environments, methodologies, processes, tools and data governance structures. They also propose strategic or tactical plans based on business data and market trends.
What You Will Do
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify business problems and articulate Data Science and Engineering opportunities to apply statistics, machine learning, optimization, and/or simulation. See beyond the data to propose and build state-of-the-art solutions that will raise the bar for optimal decision making.
- Builds data pipelines focusing on data ingestion, integration, modeling, optimization, and quality for AI processing.
- Explores data for pattern detection prior to algorithm development. Prepares and pre-processes data utilized in algorithms. Ensures data is formatted and cleansed for AI processing.
- Drives use and adoption of new data sources and data partnerships.
- Apply your expertise of research to develop statistical models, machine learning models, optimization models, and simulation models for inventing and expanding Data Science Engineering capabilities across all the business functions.
- Instrument the product, engineering, and business ecosystem by building analytical descriptive models and statistical predictive models to support and improve business decision making.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Be able to extract data from existing sources and build a data warehouse to perform analysis.
- Familiar with MySQL, Python/R and PySpark.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical modeling, testing, data mining, and data science techniques.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required and Experience with Power BI and other data visualization is preferred.
- Strong scientific approach to problem-solving and excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate complex results in a simple and concise manner at all levels within the organization.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic understanding of the B2B business model and marketing and sales activities would be a plus.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:23rd Nov 2019, 6:00 pm