Live and breathe Design? Are finding key concepts hidden deep in world requirements second nature? Want to create elegant Design solutions to complex problems that change the status quo? Sound intriguing? Feel compelled to just design-things-right in your everyday life, just for the sake of it? Then read on.
We’re looking for members to join Dell EDG and help create industry changing designs for Dell and the future. You need to love all things visually digital, with a major strength & focus in solving design problems through simple to understand visual explanations, and the desire & talent to produce the highest quality design at every opportunity. Help craft a simple, beautiful, brand-defining experiences - always having an eye to how things could & should be… Showcase your creative talents learned during your experience and education!
Why Work With Us:
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationship.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
What You Will Do
As a Design intern, you will be part of a global interdisciplinary design organization. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other EDG teammates, hardware and software engineering, marketing, operations and many other critical stakeholders within Dell’s internal and partnering organizations.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for technology, an open mind, and the desire to learn new things. In particular, we are looking for candidates excited to work within an award-winning, global design team, innovate, and execute world-class design solutions for our enterprise organization.
The Dell EDG Intern Experience:
- Dell EDG interns will work on a personal internship project, mentored by an experienced design team member, and present the final solution to the executive staff.
- Dell EDG interns can start their internship during anytime during the year.
- Dell interns are paid hourly and eligible to receive select company benefits and discounts.
- Dell interns connect with interns from other divisions for social events and networking opportunities.
- Dell interns hear from company leadership through the Executive Speaker Series (Summer Interns).
- Dell interns may join Employee Resource Groups to connect with employees who share interests.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or related degree program.
- Portfolio with ideation sketches of new, interesting, and forward-thinking ideas demonstrating how your designs will take shape in the future and your courage to explore new ideas.
- Digital proficiency in the use of tools such as ProE, SolidWorks, Keyshot, Adobe Creative Suite, and Rhino.
- Excellent hand sketching skills (digital sketching a plus).
- Ability to rapidly explore a wide variety of styling options (forms, colors, finishes, materials, etc.).
- A passion for design, technology, and understanding user experience.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with a strong work ethic.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:12th Dec 2019, 6:00 pm