We are looking for people to join our efforts in setting the course of investigation into AR/VR (XR). As part of the Experience Innovation Group (EIG) in the CTO office, DXR Studios was formed to directly interface with Dell customers and stakeholders to identify use cases which lead to POC deployments. We need people to help set up demo systems, test new devices, and enable DXR to put the best technology forward to illustrate what is possible in the near future.
At EIG we are a diverse group of people who have worked in industrial design, UX development, consulting, film vfx, data science and more, all working together to create amazing solutions that have real impact at scale for customers. We’re a multi-functional, agile team with all the skills and capabilities to interact with customers, research and gather insights, explore future technologies, and develop them into products.
Our new Singapore innovation center is a key part of Dell’s vision - Come join us and you’ll get to use your skills to explore, research and build ground-breaking products and experiences where your ideas will make a tangible impact on our customers. We are a global team with a global remit who work across the full range of Dell products and brands like Alienware, XPS and Precision - Exploring topics from the future of remote work, to gaming & esports.
Join us as a XR Strategy Undergrad Intern - DXR Studios in Singapore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve:
As an XR Strategy Undergrad Intern - DXR Studios, you will Research markets, devices, user needs and pain points to identify and plan approaches to realizing value. Investigate new or unreleased technology to help form a POV about how it would be used, how effective it is and how it might be relevant to markets, verticals and a variety of stakeholders. Most of all: to test, to play and to communicate what you find out.
You should have the bravery to challenge the status quo and think different; thrive in ambiguity; work out loud together; thrive in a culture of giving ‘tough’ love to care for each other and the ideas; be ever curious, and always connecting the dots.
What You Will Do
- Be a person who thinks of new ideas and fresh ways to try things.
- Work with the wider team to investigate opportunities & create materials to communicate findings.
- Be comfortable with stepping outside your domain area and engage with a variety of interest groups to understand needs and opportunities.
- Spend the majority of your week researching and also trying out the latest methods, ideas and applications in Computer Vision, AI and 3d technologies.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Be engaged in a Business, Computer Science degree or other relevant educational background.
- Demonstrate a hunger for new knowledge and the ability to build relationships across groups.
- Excellent communicator and able to thrive in a fluid, flexible and at times ambiguous innovation environment.
- Experience in AR/VR devices and use cases.
- IoT, UX, Industrial Design, 3d content, or enterprise computing experience; Mad Scientists are most welcome!
- Wide ranging experience across the digital domain, be it content creation, development, UX, 3d or otherwise or Avid gamer.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Business and Commerce, Computer Science
- Locations:Singapore (Singapore)
- Closing Date:4th Oct 2022, 6:00 pm