Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise. Against a backdrop of increasing globalization in the world economy, Deutsche Bank is very well-positioned, with significant regional diversification and substantial revenue streams from all the major regions of the world.
We serve our clients’ real economic needs in commercial banking, investment banking, private banking and asset management. We are investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. All this means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
About Chief Risk Office (CRO)
Chief Risk Office Vision is to provide industry-leading independent risk management capabilities in an innovative and efficient manner. Deutsche Bank is exposed to a wide range of risks every day. Credit losses, volatility of market prices, operational failures, infrastructure outages, liquidity shortages, and regulatory and legal matters can all have an impact on the bank’s capital and reputation.
The CRO function has Group-wide, supra-divisional responsibility for the management/control of all credit, market, operational & liquidity risks and the continuing development of methods for risk measurement. In addition, CRO function is responsible for monitoring, analysing and reporting risk on a comprehensive basis. CRO function is structured along three core dimensions: business aligned coverage; overarching regional risk management; and risk & control functions.
This includes Credit Risk Management, Market & Valuation Risk Management, Liquidity Risk Management; Anti-Financial Crime, Compliance, Non-Financial Risk Management, Business Selection & Conflicts Office, Corporate Insurance, Enterprise Risk Management, Group Strategic Analytics, and Chief Operating Office.
About Market Risk Management
- Market & Valuation Risk arises from the uncertainty concerning changes in market prices and rates (e.g. interest rates, equity prices, FX rates, commodity prices), the correlations among them and their levels of volatility
- Valuation Control is responsible for independent valuation of the Fair Value Balance Sheet, including valuation methodology & monitoring valuation uncertainty, and Prudent Valuation Capital calculation and methodology
- MVRM is responsible for establishing and implementing the market & valuation risk management framework for the firm and the 2LoD accountability inside this framework. Adherence to this framework ensures that market risk-taking is pursuant to the strategy and risk appetite of the bank, and that the bank’s financials are accurately reported
- MVRM’s mandate covers all market risk of the firm, irrespective of whether in Banking or Trading Books. It also covers Risk of Default from Traded Debt. Valuation Control mandate covers the Fair Value Balance Sheet
What You Will Do
- Trainee will be involved in a variety of short and long-term projects undertaken by the market and valuation risk management teams and will assist in analysis, review and report preparation
- Trainee will assist in improving processes and methods including streamlining and automation of existing processes.
- Trainee will assist in the daily review of APAC economic, market news and price movements
- Trainee will assist market risk managers to review overall APAC risk positions and changes in the portfolio
- Trainee will be involved in the oversight and review of IPV results to ensure accurate marking of books on a monthly and daily basis
- Trainee will be involved in ad-hoc and regular stress testing of the APAC portfolio
Required Skills and Abilities
- Candidates with advanced computing skills (VBA, SQL) and experience in automating processes, and handling and analysing large and complex amount of data are highly preferred
- Highly motivated and has excellent writing and analytical skills
- Candidates are required to be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Basic knowledge in Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters will be beneficial and advantageous
- Minimum educational qualification: University graduates with quantitative disciplines preferred (Engineering, Mathematics, Sciences or Economics), but open to other courses with business and finance knowledge (Must have graduated in calendar year 2018 or before)
- Must meet the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme eligibility criteria
- All applicants must apply for the same role on both www.mycareersfuture.sg and www.db.com/careers
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics,...
- Closing Date:9th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm