The role is to work within Network Services Deployment Team, providing project/program management and governance including the support and ongoing improvement of the governance framework. Candidate to possess networking skillsets and project management skills in leading internal and external project teams, contingent/contract workers, as well as providing relationship management services and oversight on services rendered by strategic partners and service providers.
He/she will be instrumental in enabling the program management and the successful delivery of next generation network solutions, acting as an agent of change to achieve the strategic goals of the organization. Flexible working hours will apply as network changes are made outside business hours in the evenings and weekends especially.
What you will do
- Planning, leading, and manage teams responsible for projects, including client and exchange connectivity, basic network analysis and design and implementation.
- Interface with Operations, Engineering and finance, and various business and technical stakeholders, ensuring operational standards and governance are developed and maintained.
- Providing technology overview with an emphasis on network technologies.
- Engage and communicate effectively and successfully with all stakeholders.
- Discuss requirements and define the solution working with other IT teams.
- Define, plan, document and communicate project scope, implementation, closure and timelines.
- Coordinate the deployment of the agreed solution. Engage the vendors, set the timelines, provide vendors with high-level technical details and to provide RFS dispatch team with daily updates on the ongoing projects.
- Implement projects to the required level of quality
- Report on project status to high level key stakeholders
- Effectively and proactively manage and report on all project risks (including contingency planning), taking corrective action where necessary.
- Solicit and gain buy-in from project stakeholders to project approach and delivery objectives.
- Undertake post project quality reviews.
- Manage with technical staff & resources as required in a matrix organizational structure.
- A Technical Project Management for Network and Firewall deployments
- Provides the customer face of networks to the rest of IT and DB business lines.
- RFS management for deploying network devices into Datacenters
- Management of multiple concurrent projects ranging from a few days’ work to major network infrastructure projects
- Ensuring the effective delivery of services through tools, process, and procedures and reporting.
- Responsible for integrating technical knowledge and business knowledge to develop innovative solutions to automate projects activities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal with experience of communicating technical issues to head staff.
- Good level of understanding of networking devices, including basic troubleshooting of routers and switches
- Good understanding of routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP and multicast routing
- Network Security knowledge is desirable including Extranets, Firewalls and Proxies.
- Experience of project initiation, implementation and closure using methodologies suitable for the projects undertaken
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain relationships with technical and non-technical teams and individuals.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, across multiple time zones.
- Minimum educational qualification: University graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree (Must have graduated in calendar year 2019 or 2020)
- Must meet the SGUnited Traineeship criteria
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:19th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm