Fixed Income & Currencies builds long-term sustainable relationships with key corporate and institutional clients, combining market-leading trading and structuring with a world-class sales force, to provide clients with access to flow and customised financial solutions across a wide range of cash and derivative products, markets, and regions. Areas of focus within Fixed Income & Currencies are Foreign Exchange, Rates, Credit and Emerging Markets.
What you will do
- The role would provide exposure across the entire range of products (Rates, FX, Derivatives) and both corporate and institutional clients (Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Insurance Companies, Banks) covered by the desk.
- Once a successful candidate has established a strong foundation in Macro, Financial Markets and the products offered by the desk the role will potentially evolve to focus on a specific client segment/region with a view to develop and implement a growth strategy.
- The person would closely work with internal stakeholders, including trading, structuring, research and other partners to provide holistic client solutions. The day-to-day role involves trade idea generation, relaying trader axes to the relevant clients, and responding to client enquiries.
- Organise our internal processes (Internal spreadsheets, Day end checks, back office procedures)
- Research on industry/companies we want to target
- Preparing client presentation, commentaries, research, regulation update, rates sheet etc
- Help with KYC/PR related matters
- Docs check/reconciliation
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Finance or Accounting degree
- Good excel and PowerPoint skills
- Good communication skill (written & verbal)
- Meticulous and attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of and interest in FX and the broader macro-economic environment
- Interest in and understanding of vanilla interest rates (bonds, interest rate swaps)
- Ability to interact and fit into a team
- Meeting often and communicating with a diverse set of both internal and external clients
- Ability to react quickly and efficiently to different queries
- Minimum educational qualification: University graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree (Must have graduated in calendar year 2019 or 2020)
- Must meet the SGUnited Traineeship criteria
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:19th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm