Environment, Social and Governance Trainee #SGUnitedTraineeships Deutsche Bank is the leading global bank with strong European roots. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise.
Against a backdrop of increasing globalization in the world economy, Deutsche Bank is very well-positioned, with significant regional diversification and substantial revenue streams from all the major regions of the world. We serve our clients’ real economic needs in commercial banking, investment banking, private banking and asset management.
We are investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. About Environment, Social and Governance (ESG)Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) is included in the top-4 strategic priorities of the group-wide transformational strategy of Deutsche Bank (DB).
Asia is central to DB’s ESG strategy because vast majority of global ESG capital is expected to be deployed in Asia. However, the transition of Asian private and public sector towards sustainable practices will require ESG transaction models, products and solutions that are customized to support on-the-ground realities in Asia.
It is important for Asian ESG transactions to impact the global ESG rules and standards which are largely being developed outside Asia. As a European bank with global presence and established credentials in the global ESG market, DB is well positioned to lead growth of Asian ESG market. We established our ESG team in Singapore in June 2020 with the appointment of Managing Director and Head of ESG in Asia Pacific.
Our ESG strategy is client-centric (not product centric), focusing on clients engagements regarding their sustainability plans and offering solutions which can be executed with products and services offered by DB’s four business divisions - the investment bank, corporate bank, private wealth management and asset management (DWS). About APAC Environment, Social and Governance (ESG)APAC ESG team is setup under DB’s Infrastructure – CEO/Regional Management division.
The APAC ESG team is newly formed under the leadership of the Head of ESG for APAC (Mr. Kamran Khan) who the COE will be under the supervision of Managing Director and Head of ESG for Asia (Kamran Khan) who is a member of DB’s Global Sustainability Council and reports to DB’s Regional CEO for Asia. The APAC ESG team provides ESG leadership to DB in the region, assists the four divisions of DB in commercialisation of ESG opportunities and helps clients adopt sustainable practices.
The APAC ESG team supports DB businesses on strategy, client engagement, transaction preparation/ execution and quality control. The APAC ESG team also plays a key role in coordinating group-wide ESG initiatives, capabilities and policies. Trainees in the APAC ESG Team will get a unique opportunity to work with all four division of DB.
The experience will be operational, focused primarily on public and private ESG transactions, new product development and advisory services, including advice to regulators and regional bodies such as ASEAN and APEC. It is an outstanding opportunity to develop operational skills in the fast growing ESG market and help shape the future of Asia.
What you will do
- Trainee will assist the APAC ESG team in supporting transaction teams and clients in preparation of ESG transactions
- Trainees will conduct company research and prepare information material on sustainability programs of companies, presenting them in client-ready powerpoint presentations and other formats as required for the engagement
- Trainees will conduct research on global ESG transactions, deal structure and technological issues involved in measuring and monitoring of ESG impact
- Trainee will support the development of internal expertise on ESG via knowledge acquisition and dissemination by managing knowledge repository and various internal platforms to establish knowledge database
- Trainee will work with DB’s communications team to support external communications vis-à-vis ESG credentials and experiences of DB in APAC
- Trainees will work on financial model and economic models in the structuring of ESG transactions, including the preparation of ESG impact/results frameworks
- Trainee will assist the APAC ESG team to coordinate any ESG related matters as appropriate
Required Skills and Abilities
- Highly motivated and excellent written and analytical skills
- Excellent research skills
- Candidates are required to be proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Powerpoint and Word)
- University graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree (Must have graduated in calendar year 2019 or 2020).Must meet the SGUnited Traineeship criteria
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:19th Dec 2020, 6:00 pm