Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise. Against a backdrop of increasing globalization in the world economy, Deutsche Bank is very well-positioned, with significant regional diversification and substantial revenue streams from all the major regions of the world.
We serve our clients’ real economic needs in commercial banking, investment banking, private banking and asset management. We are investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. All this means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
About Fixed Income & Currencies
Fixed Income & Currencies builds long-term sustainable relationships with key corporate and institutional clients, combining market-leading trading and structuring with a world-class sales force, to provide clients with access to flow and customised financial solutions across a wide range of cash and derivative products, markets, and regions. Areas of focus within Fixed Income & Currencies are Foreign Exchange, Rates, Credit and Emerging Markets.
What You Will Do
If you have an inquisitive mind, enjoy using technology to solve problems and like being part of a team, then Treasury Workflow Solutions is the right fit for you.
Through a consultative engagement we work with clients to address workflow challenges to reduce risk, create opportunity or reduce operational costs using technology driven solutions. These solutions can range from a very complex individual client workflow to market wide issues which can address the same problem for many clients. The client universe for which we are providing solutions spans across traditional Corporations in industry to regional banks and international FinTech companies with a focus on Asia and Emerging Markets globally. The role will require a creative, solution orientated mind-set.
You will be part of a team that is leading the market in digital FX workflow solutions, working with some of the most exciting companies globally.
Your role will require
- Creating & maintaining client engagement materials for problem identification through to solution
Modelling client situations or solutions against Industries, Geographies and Market segments to qualify opportunities.
- Program management (taking deals through implementation to monetization) ensuring commercial objectives are met.
- Challenge the status quo of the team current operating model and propose new ideas, solutions and ways of doing business.
- Will be expected to operate with a reasonable degree of autonomy, executing across a variety of tasks and deliverables including but not limited to:
- Working within the team to help in development of automation workflow services in EM across corporate and institutional clients. This could involve portfolio modelling, automation of workflows and product creation via the packaging of products and services.
- Developing and analysing margin optimisation solutions for clients across multiple asset classes and jurisdictions. This will involve analysing portfolios and providing quantitative feedback to clients on best opportunities to maximise returns from execution of DB EM access products.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Keen interest in emerging digital payment trends and how that interacts with FX
- Basic knowledge of FIC products and risk management across derivatives and cash products.
- Able to think analytically and work through problems front to back i.e. have peripheral vision on aspects of risk management, control, operational processing and technology as well as product design.
- Should have a solutioning mindset – ability to spot inefficiencies and think out of the box to apply standard products in an innovative manner
- Good interpersonal, organization and communication skills
- Needs to be able to manage competing priorities, engaging with stakeholders as necessary to manage client demand versus longer term initiatives.
- Able to think laterally across products to help facilitate solutions in an innovative fashion.
- Good foundation of financial markets knowledge required with a degree in mathematics, and/or financial engineering, including complex financial modelling techniques.
- Competency in use of quantitative modelling using tools like Python, Matlab, SQL etc. Basic conceptual understanding of algorithmic trading and data science/modelling skills.
- Able to communicate across multiple levels of the organization effectively in writing and orally with good presentation skills.
- Able to engage and build relationships at peer level and above across the organisation
- Mandarin language skills desirable
- Minimum bachelor degree in economics, business management, engineering (Must have graduated in calendar year 2018 or before)
- Must meet the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme eligibility criteria
- All applicants must apply for the same role on both www.mycareersfuture.sg and www.db.com/careers
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Economics, Engineering, Management
- Closing Date:10th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm