We are currently accepting applications for Cost Management / Quantity Surveying Interns to provide support in various aspects of the project delivery process.
You will assist the Cost Managers to cost, procure and manage cost and contractual aspects of our retail projects, and gain practical experience and skill development by working directly with Project Managers and Designers.
This is a paid internship opportunity ranging for a period of 6 to 12 months.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with the Project Team from planning to construction completion.
- Support the preparation of tender documents, contracts, budgets and other documentation track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly procure or agree the services of consultants, suppliers, contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project.
- Support supplier set up and monitor payments.
- Participate in cost planning and ongoing cost reviews during the life of a project.
- Participate in the tendering and value engineering process for supply of services, suppliers and contractors.
- Support Vendor coordination - Ensure comprehensive and accurate information is communicated to vendors in all forms of correspondence - Coordinate with vendor contractors.
- Support in contract administration of ongoing projects.
- Support compliance with DFS principles and policies through all dealings with business partners.
- Provide reports on a regular basis for senior management review in relation to project status.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate degree accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and/or Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (HKIS) in quantity surveying, commercial management or a related construction subject.
- Proficient in using software Excel/CAD/Revit and other bespoke systems.
- Desire to continually strive for improvements in project delivery in terms of process, budget and timeline.
- Ability to communicate in a professionally acceptable manner, both written and verbal, with consultants and contractors alike.
- Fluency in Cantonese and English required. Ability in Mandarin and another language in the local region preferred.
- Enthusiasm, a high motivated self-starter and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Management, Planning and...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:23rd Dec 2021, 6:00 pm