The DuPont Field Engineering Program recruits newly graduated top-performing engineers to gain valuable experience leading to long term career paths. The program gives recent engineering graduates an opportunity to gain a broad perspective and valuable experience in a series of rotation assignments at different sites throughout DuPont. With a minimum of two assignments required, it offers assignments two to three years in length, allowing engineers to train, develop, and grow professionally while making meaningful contributions to the bottom line. Through the program, engineers build a solid record of accomplishments and gain a broad-based perspective of the company. Working at several DuPont sites helps engineers determine where their talents best suit our business needs. Total geographic flexibility is a requirement while active as a Field Engineer.
What You Will Do
- Engineers also have the opportunity to be placed as a Direct Hire into sites throughout the US and Puerto Rico. Direct Hire Engineers start their careers gaining in-depth knowledge of a specific DuPont business. These positions may require relocation to a specific job location.
- Typically roles for early career engineers can fall within 3 job umbrellas - Production/Plant, Design and Research and Development.
- Provide technical support to a production area.
- The engineer’s activities may include improving an existing manufacturing process by increasing product yield, quality, or equipment utilization; or aiding in short-term process or product development programs.
- Apply engineering principles to task areas ranging from fundamental research on new processes and products to development of work to improve and/or diversify existing product lines.
- Laboratory, pilot plant, or full-scale production tests are used by the engineer to accomplish process technology and product advances.
- Implement capital projects to build new or improve existing facilities.
- Responsibilities include reviewing basic data, developing project justification and scopes, coordinating design, and managing project construction.
- Provide Engineering consulting and support services to DuPont businesses globally in support of top-line growth and asset effectiveness improvement programs.
- Performs detailed problem analysis in addressing complex technical problems and recommends/implements innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Responsibilities include development of program proposals, managing budgets, program execution and results documentation.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Completing a Degree from an ABET accredited program in Mechanical Engineering or a related field by Spring 2020.
- 3.0 or greater GPA (out of a 4.0 scale).
- Must have previous intern or co-op experience at DuPont.
- Commitment to complete a minimum of two assignments totaling 4.5 – 5 years.
- Legal right to work in the United States without restriction.
- 100% geographic flexibility to allow for best career development fit.
- Job type:Internships
United States (United...
- Closing Date:12th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm