At Dyson we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our IT team’s aim is to create robust architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and to continue to grow our world-class team.
Join us as an intern and from day one, you’ll be tasked with projects to enhance your existing skills and stretch you out of your comfort zone.
We are looking for penultimate year students, graduating in June/December 2022 and who would be able to commit full-time for either one of the following periods:
- 17 May to 6 August (minimum 12 weeks) or
- August to December (minimum 20 weeks)
What You Will Do
It’s no secret that our intellectual property is massively critical to our success and Dyson’s Cyber Security department works tirelessly to keep our secrets secret, using world class technologies to stay one step ahead of the game. You will be working with the Cyber Security team and will be assigned to a live project putting your skill set into practice from the get-go.
As a Cyber Security intern, you’ll be challenged to think like a hacker and anticipate their every move, researching the latest threats and exploring every angle. You’ll play a part in designing the technology solutions that keep us at the top of our game, refining our processes, stressing our systems, and making sure we’re well honed.
You’ll deliver activities to support IT security projects, resolve day to day IT security problems, respond to incidents, manage security testing, and provide good practice guidance to projects and business units. The work will be challenging and varied but you’ll be getting stuck in from day one, helping to influence the future of Dyson technology.
Working with the team and interacting across business stakeholders, you’ll need to be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. Apart from the technical know-how, you will need to be an inquisitive self-starter who is passionate about learning and creative in problem solving. We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Required Skills and Abilities
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise.
You’ll need to:
- Be studying towards a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, IT, Cyber Security, Business or related discipline.
- Able to commit full-time for at least 12 weeks from May to August or 20 weeks from August to December.
- Graduating in June/December 2022.
- Be able to evidence your passion for delivering projects, either through your university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities.
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of information security technologies would be advantageous.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information...
- Closing Date:5th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm