At Dyson we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our IT team’s aim is to create robust architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and to continue to grow our world-class team. Join us as an intern and from day one, you’ll be tasked with projects to enhance your existing skills and stretch you out of your comfort zone.
We are looking for penultimate year students, graduating in June/December 2022 and who would be able to commit full-time for either one of the following periods:
- 17 May to 6 August (minimum 12 weeks) or
- August to December (minimum 20 weeks)
What You Will Do
As more consumers engage with Dyson, via more types of products, and across more markets, the volumes of data will greatly increase. Understanding how to use this data to improve everything from customer experiences to product development will be key to Dyson's success. You will be working with the IT Data Services team and will be assigned to a live project putting your skill set into practice from the get-go.
Some of your tasks may include:
- Identifying and analyzing data from a diverse set of data sources.
- Gathering, extracting and modelling data using analytical and statistical tools.
- Supporting and maintaining existing databases.
- Capturing clear requirements direct from business stakeholders.
- Using best practice design and visualization techniques to allow users to see and understand their data.
- Creating analytical solutions that impress, inspire and become essential tools.
- Reviewing and delivering insightful opportunities and recommendations based on analytical solutions.
Working with the team and interacting across business stakeholders, you’ll need to be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. Apart from the technical know-how, you will need to be an inquisitive self-starter who is passionate about learning and creative in problem solving. We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Required Skills and Abilities
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start, so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise.
You’ll need to:
- Be studying towards a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or IT related discipline.
- Able to commit full-time for at least 12 weeks from May to August or 20 weeks from August to December.
- Graduating in June/December 2022.
- Demonstrate your ability to solve problems with an analytical and logical approach.
- Be able to evidence your passion for delivering projects, either through your university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities.
- Familiarity with SQL, Python and Spark would be advantageous.
- Be able to thrive in Dyson's fast-paced environment.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information...
- Closing Date:5th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm