We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching you will experience ongoing professional development. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
As a cybersecurity intern, you will lead the implementation of security solutions for our clients and support the clients in their desire to protect their business. You will belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex information security needs and contributing toward their business resilience. You will be working with our Advanced Security Centers to access the most sophisticated tools available to fight against cyber-crime.
We will support you with career-long training and coaching to develop your skills. As EY is a global leading service provider in this space, you will be working with the best of the best in a collaborative environment. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
What You Will Do
This is a role where no two days are the same – so you’ll find yourself taking on plenty of new responsibilities as you go. You’ll work alongside clients and colleagues, balancing your time between developing security strategies, advising stakeholders, providing workshops and supporting business development. If you’re flexible and ready to adapt to a constantly changing environment, there’s no better place to develop your skills.
Required Skills and Abilities
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- A passion in one or more of the following domains: Information Security domains: Cyber Program Management, Cyber Threat Management, Identity & Access Management, Data Protection, Privacy, Security Operations and Cyber Analytics. This passion should be demonstrated via university projects, internships, conferences, self- study, etc.
- Understand security concepts and how they apply to business and technology solutions.
- Understand and articulate threats and risk to business and technology teams.
- Understand project management concepts and how they can be applied to security related projects.
To Qualify For The Role You Must Have:
- Pursuing a university degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Creative, independent with good problem solving skills.
- Excellent communicator with strong analytical, interpersonal and writing skills.
- Able to commit for 3 or 6 months.
Ideally, You’ll also Have:
- Experience in the SDLC (agile/waterfall).
- Experience in some form of coding/scripting languages (e.g. python, java etc).
- Exposure to cybersecurity tools and products.
- An understanding of the financial services industry.
What We Look For:
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Electrical, Information Technology
- Closing Date:21st Jan 2020, 6:00 pm