We are the only professional services organization who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join EY’s Financial Services Organisations (FSO) Advisory and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry sectors including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individual coaching you will experience ongoing professional development. That is how we develop outstanding leaders who build teams to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY’s FSO Advisory has an exciting opportunity for highly motivated interns to join our team. Join our team and enjoy opportunities to serve diverse clients across multiple practices, while being provided learning, experiences and coaching to develop core consulting competencies.
When working on Performance Improvement projects, you will provide our clients an independent view of their organization’s business risks and areas of improvement. You will help develop pragmatic plans to enhance a firm’s organizational structure, products, processes and systems; address issues; and assist with implementing measurable and sustainable performance enhancements.
When working on Financial Risk Management projects, you will advise financial institutions, insurance and asset management firms on identifying, measuring and managing financial risk from regulatory and industry perspectives. You will help experienced subject matter experts and thought leaders in building financial risk frameworks and models and deliver targeted solutions to address our client's needs.
Our Key Service Areas are:
- Operational Excellence.
- IT Advisory (includes Robotics, AI).
- Customer and Digital.
- Data and Analytics.
- Finance transformation.
- Risk governance and strategy.
- Risk management process and models.
- Regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Internal audit and controls.
At EY, we believe your career is a journey and we are committed to providing an array of exciting opportunities to help you find the career path that is right for you.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to team with a variety of clients to deliver professional services and to actively participate in a rapidly growing practice. You will work on client assignments that will help you deepen and broaden your skills, while gaining valuable and rewarding experiences during your first few years.
What You Will Do
- Understanding and documenting clients’ business processes and requirements, performing root cause analysis, developing business cases and interviewing various stakeholders to gather required information.
- Establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business.
- Demonstrating the ability to digest, incorporate and leverage new knowledge. Possessing good business acumen. Remaining current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
- Taking full responsibility for tasks, including consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision.
Required Skills and Abilities
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Project management skills.
- Leadership, teamwork and client servicing skills.
- Demonstrating integrity within a professional environment.
- Highly motivated with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of data preprocessing techniques:
- Data Cleaning (e.g. handle missing values, identify outliers).
- Data Transformation (e.g. scaling, attribute construction).
- Data Reduction (e.g. reducing number of attribute values, PCA).
Knowledge of Machine Learning Techniques:
- Classification Techniques (e.g. Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forest, K-Nearest Neighbor, Support Vector Machine).
- Regression Techniques (e.g. Simple Regression, Multiple Regression, Polynomial Regression, Decision tree & Random Forest Regression, Support Vector Regression).
- Clustering Techniques (e.g. K-Means Clustering, Hierarchical Clustering).
- Dimensionality Reduction Techniques (e.g. Principal Component Analysis (PCA), Linear Discriminant Analysis(LDA)).
- Experience using computer programming languages such as Python, R, SAS, SQL.
- Knowledge of Finance and Insurance Terms.
Knowledge of Deep Learning Techniques:
- Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN), Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN).
- Self Organizing Maps, AutoEncoders, Boltzmann Machines.
Knowledge of Natural Language Processing Techniques:
- Bag of Words Model, Word2Vec, Glove.
Good to Know:
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL.
- Experience in C, C++, Java.
- Knowledge of option pricing (vanilla, exotic), Ito Lemma, Black-Scholes-Merton Model, Jump-Diffusion Model, Poisson Processes, Knowledge of risk management techniques: Hedging, Value at Risk (VaR) and its variations such as TVaR, ES.
To Qualify For The Role You Must Have:
- Able to commit at least 3 or 6 months.
- Pursuing a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Technology Risk, Computer Engineering, IT Security, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research.
- Strong academic record, including, without limitation, course work that EY deems relevant to this position.
- Desire to work in consulting demonstrated by relevant coursework, interest or internship experience.
- Proficient with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
What We Look For
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information...
- Closing Date:21st Jan 2020, 6:00 pm