We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching you will experience ongoing professional development. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
In Technology Risk, the way we contribute to building a better working world, our purpose, is to translate uncertainty into confidence so that performance is accelerated. We do this for our clients, our people and ourselves. Confidence accelerates performance. Simply put, when people work better, business works better. When business works better, the world works better.
We are part of FSO Advisory providing technology risks solutions to our clients through delivering services on the design, implementation, rationalization of controls and remediation for the purpose of mitigating and preventing risks in our client’s applications, infrastructure and data. A transversal area of specialization in the area of information technology, information security and third-party risk management.
Using our proprietary methodology, our professionals help clients conduct internal controls diagnostics, perform internal controls transformations and risk remediation, and deliver internal controls testing outsourcing or co-sourcing services.
What you will do
Your key responsibilities
- In the Technology Risk team, we help our clients enhance their IT risk strategy, embed an enterprise approach to risk management, optimize risk management functions and improve controls and processes. You will be expected to assist assignments of high level client satisfaction, work independently, discuss and articulate your deliverables with our clients and within the team.
- Understanding and documenting clients’ business processes and requirements, performing root cause analysis, developing business cases and interviewing various resources to gather required information.
- Demonstrating the ability to digest, incorporate and leverage new knowledge. Possessing good business acumen.
- Taking full responsibility for tasks, including consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision.
Required Skills and Abilities
Skills & attributes for success
- Practical experience and/or understanding of information technology risks, processes and controls.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and teaming skills.
- Proactive and drive to learn about technology risks, improve service delivery and maintain our leading edge best practices.
- Proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Pursuing a bachelor degree in Business Economics, MIS (emphasis on Business), Supply Chain, Operations Management, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Operations Research, IT Security, Information Systems, Information Technology, Technology Risk, Computer Engineering or related technology disciplines.
- Strong academic record, including, without limitation, course work that EY deems relevant to this position.
- Desire to work in consulting demonstrated by relevant course work, interest or internship experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and teaming skills.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Plus, we offer
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Economics, Logistics and...
- Closing Date:18th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm