Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organisations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
About the opportunity
As part of our External Audit team, you’ll experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
What you will do
You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements. In addition, you will conduct timely and constructive discussions with the management on accounting and reporting matters, and provide a robust and clear perspective to audit committees.
You'll not only access clients' systems and controls, but also advise them on market developments and how they should respond in order to achieve a competitive advantage. In doing so, you play an important role in providing services to clients such as responding to regulatory reforms, managing capital life cycle and improving business operations.
*Please choose between SIN004PV [Assurance, Assistant – General Audit, Singapore] or SIN004QG [Assurance, Assistant – Financial Services, Singapore] as you will only be considered for one position.
Required Skills and Abilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating team members on progress
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the assurance teams and listen/respond to other assurance team members' views
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the audit client's environment
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interest in the insurance, banking and/or asset management industry
To qualify for the role you must have
- Final year students pursuing a degree in Accountancy
- Prior work experience is not required
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong analytical skills
- Good project management skills
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
- Copy of your NRIC (for SGP/SPR) / Passport (for non SGP/SPR)
- Copy of Entry Permit (for SPR)
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
*This position is only applicable to students who are in their final year of study. We regret that applicants who do not belong to this category will not be shortlisted for this recruitment exercise.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:2nd Jul 2019, 6:00 pm